windows prefetch folder

read on MS site to delete the .pf files in the windows prefetch folder when
cleaning up. windows will re populate the folder.
Any one know about the layout.ini file in there??
Ron

--

____
You know you're obsessed with computer graphics when you're outside and you

    The Prefetch folder contains information regarding the optimal disk layout
    of program files so they launch quicker. You may delete all those files,
    but XP will rebuild that folder so that your computer runs as efficiently
    as possible. After deleting the prefetch files, your computer's performance
    will suffer slightly until the prefetch folder is rebuilt. It takes approximately
    three computer reboots to properly rebuild the prefetch folder contents.

    Windows XP's Built-In Optimization

    Windows XP Prefetch Clean And Control 1.2.0

    Benchmarking on Windows XP
    http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/system/sysperf/benchmark.mspx

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    "Ron" wrote:

    | read on MS site to delete the .pf files in the windows prefetch folder when
    | cleaning up. windows will re populate the folder.
    | Any one know about the layout.ini file in there??

    | Ron

    Leave layout.ini alone. Or you'll be back here asking why the Prefetch
    folders is still empty.

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.
    Wes

    In news:sPLsd.2052$0r.841@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net,
    Ron <nospam@nospam.net> hunted and pecked:
    > read on MS site to delete the .pf files in the windows prefetch
    > folder when cleaning up. windows will re populate the folder.
    > Any one know about the layout.ini file in there??
    > Ron
    >
    > --
    >

    > ____
    > You know you're obsessed with computer graphics when you're outside
    > and you look up at the trees and think, "Wow! That's spectacular
    > resolution!"

    thanks I took out all but the layout and everything's fine.
    again thanks for the help.
    Ron

    --

    ____

    "Ron" <nospam@nospam.net> wrote in message
    > read on MS site to delete the .pf files in the windows prefetch folder
    > when cleaning up. windows will re populate the folder.
    > Any one know about the layout.ini file in there??
    > Ron
    >
    > --
    >

    > ____
    > You know you're obsessed with computer graphics when you're outside and
    > you look up at the trees and think, "Wow! That's spectacular resolution!"

  4. Oh! I don't look king "windows prefetch folder". I can't not it download tHIS
    PROGRAME. I Want this "windows prefetch folder".
    again thanks for the help. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

World Of Warcraft Windows XP