Sign in with
Your question

Is my battlefield 3 crashing or is it my CPU?

Last response: in Video Games
November 11, 2011 1:07:07 AM

Hi guys. OK so, I recently bought BF3 and ran it. First off I though OMG!! what a great game, lots of fun and looks fab on my gtx 460 still. Played it for 3-4 hours fine then when I came back it started to freeze with a loud noise sometimes and just sit there. I have to ctl+alt+del to get it close. Is says Battlefield 3 has stopped working and the following error message:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: bf3.exe
Application Version: 1.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 4e9d3315
Fault Module Name: bf3.exe
Fault Module Version: 1.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 4e9d3315 Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0149c222
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 2057

*However when I am back on the desktop my display/graphics go haywire with flickering in browsers, strange horizontal lines on the screen and applications consistantly crashing so I forced to restart my PC, then its fine*

I have tried lots of solutions including various nvidia and directx drivers, running without origin, rmoving punkbuster, disabling onboard sound card but no luck.

It this BF3 doing this or my system? If you need my system specs just ask, didn't want to make this post any longer! Thanks
November 11, 2011 11:55:56 AM

the more info you can give the better so no worries about long posts

check your temps that is the first thing you should do whenever you are presented with a problem after running the game fine for a while

post the full specs too (dont forget the psu)
November 13, 2011 7:34:59 PM

I doubt it is your system because I am having the same problem. My game usually crashes about an hour or 2 of playing. It freezes and has a terrible loud digital noise. Ctr + alt + del brings up task manager and I see the "bf3 has stopped working" error. I have a AMD quad core and a Radeon 6850. After crashing my browser is all funky and I have to restart too. Sounds like the same problem....
Related resources
November 14, 2011 12:40:43 PM

It sounds like your vid card is overheating or the video ram on the card is going bad. you can try 3dmark and stress your gpu and see what happens.

http://www.futuremark.com/
November 16, 2011 5:05:17 AM

Go to task manager, processes. Right click on bf3.exe ( when game is running/loading ). Click set affinity. Remove the tick on the last CPU (Mine is CPU(5), AMD X6 1100T ). This worked for me. Also make sure you have the newest VGA Drivers.
!