internet explorer takes forever to load since installing s..

Joe

Hi,
internet explorer takes forever to load since installing service pack2 at
the bottom left it says "detecting proxy settings"

Even more bizzare is that my pc belongs to a domain and i can log on to the
same account with a diffrent pc and click on internet exploer and the page
will instantly load but after a few days of logging in the problem will
appear on that pc and dissapear from the other pc, so its like the problem
keeps swapping computers. So then i use the other pc for a few days because
it loads ie fast.

Anyone know whats going on?

Thought about spyware?

Ted Zieglar

"Joe" <Joe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> internet explorer takes forever to load since installing service pack2 at
> the bottom left it says "detecting proxy settings"
>
> Even more bizzare is that my pc belongs to a domain and i can log on to
> the
> same account with a diffrent pc and click on internet exploer and the page
> will instantly load but after a few days of logging in the problem will
> appear on that pc and dissapear from the other pc, so its like the problem
> keeps swapping computers. So then i use the other pc for a few days
> because
> it loads ie fast.
>
> Anyone know whats going on?

Joe

Yes, i have all the latest spyware tools including bullet proof and spybot
and also norton antivirus as i am very strict on not allowing any kind of spy
software on my pcs

"Ted Zieglar" wrote:

> Thought about spyware?
>
> Ted Zieglar
>
> "Joe" <Joe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> > internet explorer takes forever to load since installing service pack2 at
> > the bottom left it says "detecting proxy settings"
> >
> > Even more bizzare is that my pc belongs to a domain and i can log on to
> > the
> > same account with a diffrent pc and click on internet exploer and the page
> > will instantly load but after a few days of logging in the problem will
> > appear on that pc and dissapear from the other pc, so its like the problem
> > keeps swapping computers. So then i use the other pc for a few days
> > because
> > it loads ie fast.
> >
> > Anyone know whats going on?

No software is bulletproof.
--

> Yes, i have all the latest spyware tools including bullet proof and spybot
> and also norton antivirus as i am very strict on not allowing any kind of
spy
> software on my pcs
>
> "Ted Zieglar" wrote:
>
> > Thought about spyware?
> >
> > Ted Zieglar
> >
> > "Joe" <Joe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi,
> > > internet explorer takes forever to load since installing service pack2
at
> > > the bottom left it says "detecting proxy settings"
> > >
> > > Even more bizzare is that my pc belongs to a domain and i can log on
> > > the
> > > same account with a diffrent pc and click on internet exploer and the
page
> > > will instantly load but after a few days of logging in the problem
will
> > > appear on that pc and dissapear from the other pc, so its like the
problem
> > > keeps swapping computers. So then i use the other pc for a few days
> > > because
> > > it loads ie fast.
> > >
> > > Anyone know whats going on?

Joe

it is or a wouldnt have it on my pc. It is a spyware remover and it is from a
repatable source. http://www.bulletproofsoft.com

Anyway i know enough to know it has nothing to do with spyware so if anyone
has any GOOD suggestions could they please let me know. It is defently
something to do with when i added the sp2 patch to my pcs.