K7S5A Onboard Sound Help

kye199

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2001
Hey all,

I can't get my microphone to record with my ECS K7S5A Onboard sound. I have the Sis 7012 Wave as my primary (and only) recording device. What driver do I need, or is it just defective?

Thanks

Now we're rockin like dokken!

Ed_Phoon

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I never do recording before but I think you need a recording software that support you on board sound chip.

Try to look around your motherboard CD, go to motherbooard maker's web site, and verify you sound chip (as AD1881), and got to the sound chip makers web site.

Best of all, buy a good sound card like Creative Sound Blaster Live Value, you get tons of software bundle.

HonestJhon

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2001
i dont think that that chip is going to produce the quality that you will want with recording....
it will be ok, but if you want it better, get a dedicated sound card...
it will work much better...and if it is a recording sound card, like the m-audio cards, it usually comes with recording software...

-DAvid

-Live, Learn, then build your own computer!-

kye199

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2001
I don't care about the quality I just want to be able to use voice chat in Half Life: Counter Strike.

Now we're rockin like dokken!

HonestJhon

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2001
oh..
i dont think that it is powerful enough to handle the simultaneus transmit and recieve....
but you can use it...
you just will have to listen, then talk, and while you are talking, you wont hear anything...
i am pretty sure that is the extent of the power of that chip...
but it should work....
my little brother has this old yamaha xg thing...and it cant do simultaneous...but it works....
the main thing with the voice over net on halflife is to have a good microphone, and good speakers....
if your mic sucks major schl**g, then you will be transmitting boomy, crappy sound...good mic, nice clear sound with clear talking....

-DAvid

-Live, Learn, then build your own computer!-

TRENDING THREADS