enigma

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

hi...
i have what you can call a complicated problem , im running windows XP
professional service pack 1 , and recently i had to switch the ACPI off and
depend on standard pc because i had to Reassign the IRQ values so the network
card would work properly.anyway after i did that three problems occured 1-the
automatic system shutdown feature doesnt work. 2- there's an Unidentified
Device which windows cant identify and thus cant install a driver for. &
3-each time i try to insert a floppy disk in the drive this message appears
"A: is not accesible The Request Could Not Be Performed Because of an An
I/O Device Error.

Please if anyone knows anything about it reply. and thanks in advance.

"Enigma" wrote:

> hi...
> i have what you can call a complicated problem , im running windows XP
> professional service pack 1 , and recently i had to switch the ACPI off and
> depend on standard pc because i had to Reassign the IRQ values so the network
> card would work properly.anyway after i did that three problems occured 1-the
> automatic system shutdown feature doesnt work. 2- there's an Unidentified
> Device which windows cant identify and thus cant install a driver for. &
> 3-each time i try to insert a floppy disk in the drive this message appears
> "A: is not accesible The Request Could Not Be Performed Because of an An
> I/O Device Error.
>
> Please if anyone knows anything about it reply. and thanks in advance.

Enigma,
I should mention I am running XP Home with SP2 built in. HP Pavilion
8756C, PIII(850MHz), 512MB SDRAM