School Proxy

ZiwiiQu

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2011
This maybe very hard to carry out but if you have any ideas that would be very good.

I use school internet which means I cannot connect to steam, therefore being £65 out, I cannot play neither Skyrim nor MW3 because of the online validation required... count the 560Ti I bought especially for those games too.

The situation is this: School has server which my machine is configured to with specific MAC address and all traffic is filtered through the machine. HOWEVER contents are unknown but only the where it comes from and the destination. Wondering if there are any ways I can by pass the server and how since I cannot leave (boarding) and lugging a desktop into a cafe with WIFI is just ridiculous.

I heard from a friend that he can SSH tunnel through the server... what is that? and how do you do it?

Sorry for being such a noobz
Thanks
Z

I think you might want to recreate this topic in the networking section.

I'd say your best bet is to find a non-filtered proxy. ssh tunnel is somewhat similar. I can't give you any exact help it's been 4 years since I've last dealt with those topics. If your friend has done ssh tunneling then why don't you ask him for the specifics?

ZiwiiQu

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2011
thing is he is too proz for me and he is rather reluctant because he was droning on something about server capacity.... o well...

nnaatthhaannx2

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2011

^1
why cant u just use a library, cafe, or bookstore?