Power management and user profiles

I have computer with few profiles in it. If I change power options like
administrator, changes are applyed in current profile but not for the other
user profiles on the computer. How to apply the same setting for all the
profiles in the machine?
For example I want to make harddisks never turn off.
Thanks for a help!
3 answers Last reply
More about power management user profiles

    I didn't see if you specified whether or not you're in a AD domain. If so,
    you can use a GPO to set power settings per machine. You'll need a GPO
    template you can download from the EPA (Environmental Protection Agency)
    website at http://www.energystar.gov/index.cfm?c=power_mgt.pr_pm_ez_gpo

    If you're not in an AD domain the EPA has other tools at
    http://www.energystar.gov/index.cfm?c=power_mgt.pr_power_management

    "Alex" <Alex@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I have computer with few profiles in it. If I change power options like
    > administrator, changes are applyed in current profile but not for the
    other
    > user profiles on the computer. How to apply the same setting for all the
    > profiles in the machine?
    > For example I want to make harddisks never turn off.
    > Thanks for a help!

    Thank you but don't use any domain. I just want to set-up all the rpofiles at
    same time, with no additional operations. That's my problem.

    Alex,

    I found that if you are logged in as administrator set your power settings.
    Log in as a different user and go through these steps:

    My Computer
    On the Tools Menu
    Goto Folder Options
    View
    Click Show hidden Files, Uncheck Hide extensions for known file types
    Uncheck hide protected operating systems files

    Log in as a different user
    Goto My Computer
    Goto Local Disk
    Documents and Settings
    Administrator
    Hit "CTRL" "A"
    Hit "CTRL" "C"

    Go up one view
    Goto Default User
    Hit "CTRL" "V"

    Log in as a different user to see if all of your power schemes are setup
    correctly. If not, do the administrator copy again underneath that user.

Computers Management Power Windows XP