• Supreme Commander 2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • TA: Spring

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Eldd

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008

Be cool, everyone's voting for whatever they like. Don't be so violent :)

Stringjam

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2011

Usually these threads turn into a battle of misunderstanding between the two.

I'm not sure why the "dead horse" comments though. This is a discussion forum, everything we talk about here is essentially a dead horse at some point, but there are always new members joining and new games that may add something relevant to those old "dead horse" discussions. I'm always cool with seeing a new "favorite game" or graphics thread - - at least it means someone is still stoked about PC gaming.

Just chill out and participate in the threads that interest you.....it's not like we're canonizing the holy scripture on these pages or anything. ;)

My vote for best graphic quality is Crysis 2......or more specifically, what is capable of being in modded form. Crysis is right there with it, but CryEngine3 seems to have a more natural look to the depth-of-field, lighting, and the quality of stuff viewed from a long distance. Every time I'm convinced of that, however, I see something new some modder has come up with in CryEngine2 that looks just jaw-dropping.

Like...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONBzuQdNEVw

BF3 has some really cool lighting qualities, but the campaign really doesn't show off much of anything else.

Gothams Finest

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2011

It was a simple question that requires a simple answer from the OP.

Technical graphics (for example Crysis) are very different to art style graphics (for example Limbo)

9 times out of 10 a "best graphics" thread will just mean technical graphics which is shame.

I don't have a clue what your ramblings where all about, there was no need to get yourself all worked up, but I do think you could benefit from your own advice by relaxing a little bit.

Out of the games listed in the poll I voted for Crysis.

Stringjam

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2011

I must have missed the part where I got "worked up," but if you'll read a little closer you'll see my comment was directed at other posts. No need to take offense....especially since I was just agreeing with your need for distinction between graphic quality and art direction. ;)

I don't have a clue what your ramblings where all about

Really? I thought I was pretty concise.

Gothams Finest

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2011

No offense taken.

Apologies, I obviously misread your post. Glad that you agree.

exban224

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2011

ever tried to play IV with that, without random crashing and severe loss of valuable fps. I doubt it

fulle

Distinguished
May 31, 2008
BF3's Frostbite 2 engine isn't anything spectacular, but they took a lot of strong features from all kinds of engines, and finally brought everything into a single package. It's not really doing anything new, like with its lighting effects, or destructible terrain, or physics, or any of that... but what's new is that it's finally an engine that does everything in a passable fashion.

BF3 itself, suffers from a boring setting. As strong as the engine is, it's really hard to bring out that "wow factor", when your game is mostly in an ugly desert setting, using various shades of grey and brown. And yet, there's still enough places where I think to myself "Wow, that looked really good".

For me, BF3 was the obvious choice.

Crysis is about 4 years old now, and still has better graphics than almost any new game out there... especially with user created mods. I used to have a few that enhanced effects such as lighting, and improved textures, on what was an already ridiculously good looking game, and recall a few friends giving "holy ***" reactions to just how great things looked.
Crysis 2 actually has a LOT of setbacks from the first. Lower res textures, worse volumetric lighting, less deformable terrain, and inferior particle effects, just for starters. Soooo..... yeah.

otoliflands

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2011
GTA IV would beat all the games with Icenhancer 1.35 !!!
It actually looks better than GTA V trailer and Crysis with all the graphics mods..
1.GTA IV (i voted)
2.Crysis
3.Battlefield 3

PCgamer81

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2011
Why are Crysis and Crysis 2 coupled together?

That doesn't make any sense. Crysis 1 owns Crysis 2 DX9, while Crysis 2 DX11/High Res textures is better than Crysis 1.