Sign in with
Your question

Logitech G13 - any1 use this for FPS gaming ?

Last response: in Video Games
November 12, 2011 10:26:38 AM

Hiya peeps, thinking about getting the G13

Can any1 tell me if I can use the thumbstick properly for directional use in FPS eg COD & BF3

Im primarily a 360 gamer but trying to get into pc gaming & struggling with WASD for now at least, so Im looking for an easier option other than a controller

Thanks
November 12, 2011 4:29:49 PM

I personally think a keyboard is really good for fps games. Although the keyboard keys lack in precision (only presses or not pressed) i think its easier than a controller.
If you look at the G13, it seems that u'd have to constantly check where your fingers are on the myriad of keys, with a regular keyboard, this is a bit easier. Additionally, i feel that the mouse has the best control compared to any joystick. You get full control with your hand, not just your finger. Mice are accurate and really easy to control in any direction, and it just feels more natural compared to a joystick.
But this is only my opinion, if you need something other than your standard keyboard+mouse, get a gaming keyboard and/or mouse, not one of those silly button-loaded pads.
November 12, 2011 11:59:19 PM

i finished my first build in may. before that i was only a console gamer. it took a little to get use to the keyboard but now i have no problems. just get a good quality keyboard and u will figure it out fast. and a mouse would be 100x better than that thumbstick
Related resources
November 13, 2011 7:01:09 AM

ok thanks, just to clarify though, I dont want to replace the mouse, Im ok with a mouse, I wanted to use thumbstick instead of WASD
November 13, 2011 12:24:55 PM

jtr1888 said:
ok thanks, just to clarify though, I dont want to replace the mouse, Im ok with a mouse, I wanted to use thumbstick instead of WASD

o well i agree that a thumbstick is better than WASD, but the rest of the keys on that thing seem to be many times more challenging to get used to since they are all clumped together
November 14, 2011 12:54:43 PM

I use the G13 and love it. As for the thumbstick, I do not use if for movement. It just doesn't feel very natual to me. I use the main keys that correspond to the WSAD keys for movement.

What I do use the thumbstick for is quick weapon swapping. Works great. For a game like BF3, I have 'up' as the primary weapon, 'down' as the rocket launcher, 'left' is secondary weapon (pistol), and 'right' is special weapons such as mines. Works great if I'm in a firefight and run out of ammo - just quickswap over to my pistol and finish him off. ;) 
!