I-WILL XP333-R in 2 WEEKS

Take_Out

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Just had a reply from Sherman over at I-Will and he says that in about 2 weeks we should see some XP333-R boards for sale in the USA. God, I hope this isn't like the "2 weeks" I tell customers, cause I will be off on sick leave for 3 weeks recoop after a operation and could sure use that time to do my NOT NEEDED upgrade to my main system.
Oh well, something to chew on. Their site has a blurb about it over at where-ever it is <A HREF="http://IWILLUSA.com" target="_new">http://IWILLUSA.com</A>.
Good Luck, Take-Out

"We killed OUR Hitler" - attributed to Paul McCartney (If so, then well done, sir)

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
i did a short summation of it a few weeks back.
looks all very good with PC2700 support and 1/5 and 1/6 pci dividers for excellent overclocking.

only problem i saw was that it was based on the Ali magik chipset, not exactly a performance star compared to the current crop of DDR chipsets.

OEMs selling "High End"PCs with integrated video will be forced into Q3tournaments using a TNT2M64!

Take_Out

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Yeah, ALI doesn't bring up images of blazing techno-speed, does it? However, SIS was pretty much regarded as a bottom shelf cheapo remedy that would work, anyway. But now it is amassing credits and kudos galore for at least the SIS735.
Oh well, I'll do a little research and check it out.
Thanks, Take-Out
PS: I THOUGHT ALI looked familiar..., it is the ALI 1351 powering my #2 system via a K6-2 300 1st model Aptiva and been doing a good job for the last (my gosh!) 3 1/2 yrs.
SHEESH... small world

"We killed OUR Hitler" - attributed to Paul McCartney (If so, then well done, sir)<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by take_out on 11/09/01 00:29 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
and sis has the 645 comming amongst others...
i do hope ali improves like the kt266 did...
cauz those extra multipliers (and things like voltage to 2.0V) will help us overclockers...
im sick of being stuck at 154 when i know my ram can do at least 160

OEMs selling "High End"PCs with integrated video will be forced into Q3tournaments using a TNT2M64!

Take_Out

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
If the SIS645 were available right now, it is what I would be using in this computer. I hope ASUS and Abit will enjoin with MSI in supporting 645.
Heh, I haven't done any overclocking since I configured this (450PIII at 558/124) machine in 99. Guess things may be a little different. Looking forward to using the PC2400 CAS2 Corsair Memory in the DDR MBs to see what they can do. I have always used ABIT whenever possible in building for friends and family, but am casting a hard look at MSI with their 266A MB, and I like their Live BIOS that can automatically update the BIOS, want to learn more about that aspect.
If anyone hears of 645s being for sale, please report. I noticed the ASUS AV266-E (266A) is available at a couple sites yesterday, even called one to make sure, be carefull, by the way, cause some are NOT RAID endowed, contrary to the vendors requests to ASUS.
Good Luck, Take-Out

"We killed OUR Hitler" - attributed to Paul McCartney (If so, then well done, sir)

noko

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2001
This is a revised AliMagic chipset, rev C. I saw benchmarks that shows this chipset is very impressive.

<A HREF="http://www.ocworkbench.com/hardware/iwill/xp333/xp333galleryp1.htm" target="_new">Look at this IWILL XP333 review, HOT!!</A>
<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by noko on 11/09/01 09:44 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Take_Out

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Now THAT is what I'm talking about! Thanks for the link, nice going.
Good Luck, Take-Out

bgates

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2001
Wow, looks like good competition for the nForce, without the crappy integrated Gforce2.

But then again, I don't see a huge performance boost that's worth the extra $100 for it.

-¤ Shut the f*ck up or go AMD ¤-

G

According to this site (http://www.digit-life.com/news.html#1005639716) Asus are going to make an SiS645 mobo called the P4S333.

Take_Out

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Thank you very much, I will check it out, I hope that it will be available soon. Such a drag with manufacturers releasing info on products that are not available in the near time. I know they are trying to get customers for their products to wait for them and not buy competitors products, but it is still a drag.
Thanks, Take-Out