Your question

ecs k7s5a won't shut down

Tags:
  • Motherboards
  • ECS
  • Shutdown
Last response: in Motherboards
November 8, 2001 4:59:37 AM

HELP!! My computer won't shut down. It will automatically reboot when I try and shut it down. It goes through the motions and right when I think it is about to turn off it restarts! My system has the ECS K7S5A mobo with an athlon xp 1600 (1.4ghz), alpha pal-8045 hsf, soundblaster live 5.1, ibm 60 gb hdd, geforce2 pro 64mb and 256 MB of crucial ddr-sdram, and a 300 watt psu. I am running windows 2000 pro. I have read about random resets occurring with this mobo but I can't seem to find anywhere that shows a resolution to my problem. Is this a motherboard problem or some setting on windows? I recently put it all together and everything runs fine except this one problem. Can anyone help? Thanks so much.

As long as it's funny it's okay.

More about : ecs k7s5a shut

November 8, 2001 5:34:19 AM

When the computer is running carefully pull the power switch lead from its pins. Then try to shutdown and tell me what happens.

Another Cookie? Who is going to pay my dentist bill?
Related resources
November 8, 2001 6:02:57 PM

how do you carefully pull it...slowly? or wearing a static discharge suit?
j/k
hehe ;D

-DAvid

-Live, Learn, then build your own computer!-
November 8, 2001 9:14:50 PM

when I shutdown now it just freezes... it used to sometimes do this instead of restarting too. now it just freezes all of the time when I shut it down. other than that I don't have any problems whatsoever. when I started up it used to say there was something wrong with the file system but it doesn't say that anymore. it boots up normally now.

As long as it's funny it's okay.
November 8, 2001 10:06:12 PM

Okay I will run the memtest as soon as I can. Here is some more info that might help. If I restart instead of shut down it will restart fine. when I shut down, the screen turns blue, but it is blank. I can see the mouse pointer but I can't move it. wierd huh? anybody know why this problem occurrs?

As long as it's funny it's okay.<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by thebluedog on 11/08/01 07:08 PM.</EM></FONT></P>
November 8, 2001 10:26:05 PM

Hey, thebluedog, is the name perhaps refering to the blue dog in the famous Cajun paingings by Mr. Rodrigue from Louisiana?
Good Luck, Take-Out

"We killed OUR Hitler" - attributed to Paul McCartney (If so, then well done, sir)
!