casey

each time I try to reboot windows xp, cursor appears then freezes. I cannot
start system restore.What is wrong? Casey

Could be any one of dozens of problems. Can you help us out by telling us
what changes were made to your computer - hardware or software - around the
time the problem first appeared?

You could also try this:

"How to start your computer by using the Last Known Good Configuration
feature in Windows XP"
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307852

"Resources to help troubleshoot shutdown problems in Windows XP"
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308029
--
Ted Zieglar

"Casey" <Casey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> each time I try to reboot windows xp, cursor appears then freezes. I
cannot
> start system restore.What is wrong? Casey

Hi there,

Try shutting down the PC by typing shutdown -f in the RUN box. If that work,
then apply a patch, download from here:
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs_edits/shutdown.reg

Usage: Double-click the file and answer and YES when prompted.

HTH
Venkatesh