Will d-link dwa 160 work on windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

ct6766

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2009
So I ran the windows 7 test and it said that my D-Link DWA 160 might have some compatibability issues. I searched the website but could not fins anything. Just cuirious if this will work with 7?

ct6766

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2009

So I just got off the phone with D-link (not fun) and they said that it is not compatable. Confused to say the least since from what I can find if it works on 64 vista Home Premium it should work fine of 7 64 home premium. Any ideas as to why the manufacture is clueless???

ct6766

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2009

So I just got off the phone with D-link (not fun) and they said that it is not compatable. Confused to say the least since from what I can find if it works on 64 vista Home Premium it should work fine of 7 64 home premium. Any ideas as to why the manufacture is clueless???

I just want to make sure since I imagine once I do the upgrade I will have to get something from Microsoft online and without this I will be help less to complete the upgrade.

There is a difference between "not supported" and "won't work". Just because the manufacturer of the product (D-Link) does not officially support Windows 7 with that product, doesn't mean that product won't work. This is especially true when the product uses a third-party chipset. D-Link may not release drivers for their product specifically for Windows 7... but there is nothing stopping the chipset manufacturer from doing so.

Also, different employees may have different opinions. You'll get those that say because there are no Windows 7 drivers available, the product will not function. You may get another that actually knows a little more and they'll tell you that while they don't officially support it, it does in fact work.

G

Having issues with the DWA-160. Everytime I reboot my sytem I get Limited or no Internet Acess, the only way Ive discouverd to fix it is to uninstall and reinstall the driver. Needless to say Im not impressed, any clues as to how I can configure this DWA-160 wireless and compatible router.

Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.