Onkyo Windows 7 Tablet Costs $1129

Status
Not open for further replies.

endif

Distinguished
May 19, 2009
I would much rather have this than a tablet with a proprietary OS that can only run basic apps. Win 7 will make the tablet a much more flexible tool.

Being able to control your media center from your couch will be much easier.
The ability to RDP into any machine in my house while sitting on the john.
Hook up a USB controller and jam out some SNES games before bed.
Sit out in my car and work on my resume in office 2010 during my lunch break.

webbwbb

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2009
So it is a basic netbook in a less useable form factor which sells for 4 times as much as it's competitors? Wow it must be magical! Will there be a website about a lawyer who used one for some strange reason during a trial?

Khimera2000

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]tonyn84[/nom]i'm sorry, but $700+ for anything with an atom chip in it is horrible[/citation]
Agree. at least bump up the video so people can take advantage of GPGPU processing.

yyk71200

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2010
NOTE TO STEVE JOBS: You really need to play catch on and release a $2,000 version of IPad. You cannot allow the most expensive tablet on the market to be a non-apple product.

smeker

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2010
[citation][nom]yyk71200[/nom]NOTE TO STEVE JOBS: You really need to play catch on and release a $2,000 version of IPad. You cannot allow the most expensive tablet on the market to be a non-apple product.[/citation]

Nowadays, trolls spread like a disease.

matt87_50

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2009
[citation][nom]JasonAkkerman[/nom]I love Onkyo audio equipment./TX-NR906[/citation]

lol yeah. love my 806. ironically, THEY were really good value...

I expect these tablets to be loaded with fully sick sub woofers?

also, its hardly fair to bash Apple over pricing in an article telling us how this competition is much MORE expensive than their ipad.

yes, next to your own, OEM custom rigs, macs are expensive, but the ipad seems reasonably priced. if you can find a use for it...

G

Ridiculous pricing!
They could sell them for a third the price,and still make profit!
It's not a corei processor nor does it have a very large capacity battery.
You pay for the 32GB SSD, they would have done better in equipping it with a slower 16GB MLC SSD, and cut the price of the device by 50%.

Even then it would be too expensive. Apple's ipad is cheaper than this!

lasaldude

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2009
[citation][nom]tonyn84[/nom]i'm sorry, but $700+ for anything with an atom chip in it is horrible[/citation]

And Intel GMA and 1 GB of ram and something that is only a single core.

Fail!!!

Where's Tegra or at least Ion 1

lasaldude

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2009
[citation][nom]simple11[/nom]Theres no point in getting an Atom if you don't have the Ion to compliment it.[/citation]

I agree!!! Ion 2 for the win

Status
Not open for further replies.