SH0DAN

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2001
Greetings all!

I am attempting to o/c an AMD Tbird 1200 on an Asus A7A266 mobo. Unfortunately, I have encountered stability problems running at 1400 (10.5 multiplier x 133 fsb). I have noticed the bios allows a maximum voltage of 1.85, which I am currently using. Is it possible to increase the voltage through jumpers or a voltage hack? I am sure the system will run at 1400 if I increase the voltage to 1.9. And yes by the way I have all the cooling goodies, thermalright HS & Delta fan, extra case fans, etc.

Thanks in advance!

Hardware Junkie

lamer_gamer

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2001
For God's sake just buy a freakin' 1400mhz cpu!
Sheesh! It's certainly worth it to f*** up your mobo, just so you don't have to shell out some freakin' cash! Which you will, when you f*** up your mobo!

SH0DAN

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2001
Thank you for your most helpful post.

In case you are unaware, Tom's Hardware Guide forums are a place for computer enthusiasts - many of whom enjoy squeezing the last bit of performance out of their components. If I choose to overclock my cpu that is my business. Please refrain from posting unless you are able to offer assistance.

May I direct you to the newbie chat board?

Regards,

Hardware Junkie

G

I agree with Shodan.
This community is made of people who wants to share or get whatever information or trying to solve problems regarding their expensive PC and, most of all, of well-educated and respectful people!

PhateX

Ed_Phoon

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I think you propably need better cooling, rather than higher voltage,.
My 1.0 ghz Tbird can run at 1.4ghz(1.75v) with water cool, with air cool, it can only run at 1.2+ghz(1.85v)