Which racing wheel can I use with Papyrus Nascar 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

wingnut1

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2011
Hello,
I have a logitech momo racing wheel that may be dying. If I purchase a new wheel from
logitech or any other brand will it work with my
papyrus 2003 pc game? Thanks

Solution
Hi, a new wheel from Logitech or most other name brands will work. I use a Logitech Driving Force GT although I am planning on upgrading to Fanatec's new clubsport wheel after its release.

Nascar Racing Season 2003 is one of the greatest racing simulations ever released and I highly recommend it. iRacing is also an excellent racing simulation however is incredibly costly. The EA releases do offer a feature which would allow you to create multiple schemes however in no way do I recommend them as they offer very little realism and suffer from numerous other issues.

nnaatthhaannx2

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2011
well you can just get one and enter the controls and most (name brand) ones will work. That means you should be fine going with a logitech one. And if it dosent work, then just get a new game, 2003 is a little outdated.

wingnut1

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2011

Is there a PC game for NASCAR that you think is better than Papyrus 2003 release? I have no idea if you can create your own paint scheme, or
multiple paint schemes for the E.A. releases for PC or X-box.

dylan2448

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2011
Hi, a new wheel from Logitech or most other name brands will work. I use a Logitech Driving Force GT although I am planning on upgrading to Fanatec's new clubsport wheel after its release.

Nascar Racing Season 2003 is one of the greatest racing simulations ever released and I highly recommend it. iRacing is also an excellent racing simulation however is incredibly costly. The EA releases do offer a feature which would allow you to create multiple schemes however in no way do I recommend them as they offer very little realism and suffer from numerous other issues.

Solution

wingnut1

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2011

dylan,
Thanks so much for that info about the wheel and iRacing which I have never heard of before. Is iRacing available for PC or would I have to
get an Xbox?

dylan2448

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2011
iRacing is a PC exclusive, subscription based, online racing service offering racing against human, but no AI, competitors in various racing series including three Nascar series, Formula One, Indy Car, Australian V8 Supercars and many others. I myself am subscribed and can honestly say it is the most realistic and enjoyable racing simulation I have ever played, however is very costly.

After subscribing you will be provided with 5 cars and 9 tracks to race. Every track and car beyond this will need to be purchased at a price of $11.95 to $14.95. Subscriptions cost between $7.46 to $12.00 per month depending on duration.

Additional information can be found at iracing.com. If you are willing to pay its costs iRacing is a very rewarding experience however Nascar 2003 remains one of the best racing simulators of all time and can be found for a much lower price.

Status
Not open for further replies.