  • Windows XP
a b ) Power supply
a b C Monitor
December 10, 2004 6:10:40 AM

Hi Group! I am running WXP Pro, the problem is that when viewing anything
on my computer the screen/monitor "shimmies or shakes" constantly. It's
annoying to the eyes. I have exchanged the monitor (2)twice, the video
card, and the power supply, and unplugged monitor from the powerstrip and
plugged into the wall. It is not near a lamp or phone. The problem still
persists!! Any suggestions?? Thanks in advance.

Thanks,

dmattmac

More about : monitor problem

Anonymous
a b ) Power supply
a b C Monitor
December 10, 2004 2:27:52 PM

If a CRT montor: What size monitor? What resolution (e.g. 1024 X 768 pixels)
and refresh rate (e.g. 72Hz) are you using?

If an LCD monitor: What type of connection (analog or digital)? Are you
operating the monitor at its native resolution?
--
Ted Zieglar

"Deborah" <dmattmac@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
> Hi Group! I am running WXP Pro, the problem is that when viewing
anything
> on my computer the screen/monitor "shimmies or shakes" constantly. It's
> annoying to the eyes. I have exchanged the monitor (2)twice, the video
> card, and the power supply, and unplugged monitor from the powerstrip and
> plugged into the wall. It is not near a lamp or phone. The problem
still
> persists!! Any suggestions?? Thanks in advance.
>
> Thanks,
>
> dmattmac

Anonymous
a b ) Power supply
a b C Monitor
December 10, 2004 4:57:06 PM

Hi, Deborah.

On those rare occasions when you must post the same question to more than
one newsgroup, please crosspost, rather than multi-post. That is, put all
the NG names into the address space of a single message. That way, the
message will show up in all the groups and when I read it in one, it will be
marked "Read" for me in all of them. The payoff for you is that all the
won't have to sign on to multiple groups to read all of them. Also, if you
get bad or incomplete advice in one group, someone in another group can see
it and correct or add to it.

The header in your post says you are using :

This seems to indicate that you have not yet installed SP2. Please visit
Windows Update as soon as possible to be sure that your protection from
viruses is up to date. Then your OE6 will be updated to:

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX