Windows XP maintenance

I needed to repait the existing installation of Windows XP. The CD is in the
drive. After rebooting the system displayed the "files needed" window
prompting me for a location of the "asms" file on the Windows CD. The problem
is that my mouse is not working in this repair mode, so, I cannot point and
click to select the file.
Could someone assist?
Thank you.
Tom

The tab key on your keyboard moves the cursor from field to field. The arrow
keys move among selections in a drop-down box. The space bar makes a
selection.
--
Ted Zieglar

"TomB" <TomB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I needed to repait the existing installation of Windows XP. The CD is in
the
> drive. After rebooting the system displayed the "files needed" window
> prompting me for a location of the "asms" file on the Windows CD. The
problem
> is that my mouse is not working in this repair mode, so, I cannot point
and
> click to select the file.
> Could someone assist?
> Thank you.
> Tom

For some reason my keyboard is not working either, so, I cannot navigate at
all. I have a wireless keyboard/mouse combo but it should not make a
difference. I will try the traditional kbd from another computer and see how
this will work. Thanks for the tip.
Tom

Ted Zieglar" wrote:

> The tab key on your keyboard moves the cursor from field to field. The arrow
> keys move among selections in a drop-down box. The space bar makes a
> selection.
> --
> Ted Zieglar
>

> "TomB" <TomB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I needed to repait the existing installation of Windows XP. The CD is in
> the
> > drive. After rebooting the system displayed the "files needed" window
> > prompting me for a location of the "asms" file on the Windows CD. The
> problem
> > is that my mouse is not working in this repair mode, so, I cannot point
> and
> > click to select the file.
> > Could someone assist?
> > Thank you.
> > Tom

The drivers for the wireless combo are not loaded until you start Windows.

There is a complicated solution and an easy solution. The complicated
solution is to start your computer with a boot diskette that includes
drivers for your hardware.

The easy solution is to borrow a wired keyboard.