Can not detect wi-fi

Chandra Hermawan

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2010
Hello,
I installed windows 7 on my sony vaio VGN-SZ483N but after finished, the computer is not able to detect wi-fi network connection? pls help to advise me what to do. thanks...

Chandra Hermawan

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2010

Hi There,

thanks for your advice, i did download the wireless drivers and installed it. Unfortunately, it's still not working.
I guess, I do need to go back to my old OS....

You can also buy an external wireless card that is compatable with Win 7. The issue should really only affect the built-in card.

luiscloss

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2010
Chandra,

There are some other considerations you should pay attention. I personally never saw a computer that wouldnt run one or other OS. This is something that usually drive me nuts when I see such thing.

Most of computers have OS listed, as this is an issue related to manufacturers. They just want to be not disturbed when something like this happens. Try this first:
1) Install you W7 as guided. HERE is an issue. You cant install 64 bit on machines that have no support, but the installer will tell you.
2) After installing W7, make SURE your wireless is really turned on. Some notebooks you can disable it. Please, make sure it is there. Go to Start / Control Panel / System / Device Manager and have a look if it appear there. If it doesnt it means that it is probably turned off. If it is there, it is probably turned on.
3) If the W7 finds it, but have no driver for it, try to download from manufacturer website the latest driver. If you dont find the proper driver on the notebook manufacturer, try at the wireless manufacturer.
4) Even by doing this, if you still dont find the proper driver for W7, pick any that you have, open the Windows Explorer, find the driver installer, right-click on the installer, go to COMPATIBILITY tab, go to ALL USERS COMPATIBILITY, and tell the OS to install it as Windows XP SP2. This will tell the OS to run it in compatibility mode. Most of drivers do work with this little thing. This is a "tricky" way, but most times work.

Anyway, if you still dont get it to work, please post some more comments about wireless manufacturer. However I still think that it should work.

Bye.

TRENDING THREADS