I have Windows XP and I am trying to download a greeting card program. It
has two CD's and when the install wizard prompts for the second CD, after a
minute or two I get an error message "Data Error. (cyclic redundency check)"
with something about not having enough room in the file. When I click OK, it
goes back to my desktop. I checked my disk space and it has plenty. What
can I do to complete this download? Any help appreciated.
--
Karen

If your'e installing from a CD try cleaning it and reinstall the software.

"kareng" wrote:

> I have Windows XP and I am trying to download a greeting card program. It
> has two CD's and when the install wizard prompts for the second CD, after a
> minute or two I get an error message "Data Error. (cyclic redundency check)"
> with something about not having enough room in the file. When I click OK, it
> goes back to my desktop. I checked my disk space and it has plenty. What
> can I do to complete this download? Any help appreciated.
> --
> Karen

CRC is a common technique for detecting data transmission errors. A CRC
error means that some of the data transmitted over a network is incomplete
or has errors. To solve the problem, you simply re-transmit the data. If the
network in question is the Internet, all you have to do is download again
whatever you were trying download in the first place.

Your case is a little confusing because you said you were "downloading" a
program - that usually means that you're getting it from the Internet - but
you also talk about CDs.

--
Ted Zieglar

"kareng" <kareng@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have Windows XP and I am trying to download a greeting card program. It
> has two CD's and when the install wizard prompts for the second CD, after
> minute or two I get an error message "Data Error. (cyclic redundency
check)"
> with something about not having enough room in the file. When I click OK,
it
> goes back to my desktop. I checked my disk space and it has plenty. What
> can I do to complete this download? Any help appreciated.
> --
> Karen

I guess the proper term would have been "upload". Two different greeting
card programs, same problem. Both had two CD's to install. I checked "add
and remove" to be sure there were no traces and tried both twice. I think
the problem must be with my computer (laptop) somehow. Thanks for any
suggestions.
Karen