XP Pro SP2 Restore

Hello:

I noticed using XP, it is possible to cleanup all the restore points except
the most current one. Is this the only option? I like to be able to save
maybe up to 5 of the most current restore points. Or better yet, pick a
restore point and remove that one only. If XP doesn't do that, is there a
third party program that does it?

Thanks,

MarkC

Go to the system restore screen and click the left side restore settings,
highlight the C: drive and click settings.
Move the slider bar down to about 6%.

"MarkC" <None@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Hello:
>
> I noticed using XP, it is possible to cleanup all the restore points
> except the most current one. Is this the only option? I like to be able
> to save maybe up to 5 of the most current restore points. Or better yet,
> pick a restore point and remove that one only. If XP doesn't do that, is
> there a third party program that does it?
>
> Thanks,
>
> MarkC

Thanks Jerry, I understand the theory behind this approach. I'll give it a
try.
Mark

"JerryM (ID)" <jerrym526@cableone.net> wrote in message
> Go to the system restore screen and click the left side restore settings,
> highlight the C: drive and click settings.
> Move the slider bar down to about 6%.
>

> "MarkC" <None@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> Hello:
>>
>> I noticed using XP, it is possible to cleanup all the restore points
>> except the most current one. Is this the only option? I like to be able
>> to save maybe up to 5 of the most current restore points. Or better yet,
>> pick a restore point and remove that one only. If XP doesn't do that, is
>> there a third party program that does it?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> MarkC

One cannot save or delete individual restore points in
Windows XP. You can only delete all of them, or all but
the current restore point.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"MarkC" wrote:

| Hello:
|
| I noticed using XP, it is possible to cleanup all the restore points except
| the most current one. Is this the only option? I like to be able to save
| maybe up to 5 of the most current restore points. Or better yet, pick a
| restore point and remove that one only. If XP doesn't do that, is there a
| third party program that does it?
|
| Thanks,
|
| MarkC

Thanks, for the info...