help with backup, please

Differential backup or incremental backup or what?

Some say the one some say the other. I don't get it.

I have been reading about ntbackup (I'm having XP-PRO) and experimenting with .

It is not easy and a lot confusing (I know of the advance-option).

All I want is to have a uptodate copy of MyDoc-folder.

99% of the MyDoc-folder do very rarly change.

So I figure I most have one copy and then apon running backup (2 or 3 times a week)

exchange in the copy

only the files which has changed or been added

(I can't see that I need a raw of files, just one).

It sounds so easy when thinking of it, but hard to me to do.

Can anybody give ("spelled out") instruction on how do do it.

Mary christmas and a happy new year

Erik

Denmark
1 answer Last reply
More about help backup please

    The Internet can be a great source of information, and you can find that
    information in your own language. Here is an Internet search query (in
    English) to start you off:

    http://www.google.com/search?q=incremental+differential+backup

    Ted Zieglar

    "erik" <fox44REMOVETHIS@c.dk> wrote in message
    > Differential backup or incremental backup or what?
    >
    > Some say the one some say the other. I don't get it.
    >
    > I have been reading about ntbackup (I'm having XP-PRO) and experimenting
    > with .
    >
    > It is not easy and a lot confusing (I know of the advance-option).
    >
    > All I want is to have a uptodate copy of MyDoc-folder.
    >
    > 99% of the MyDoc-folder do very rarly change.
    >
    > So I figure I most have one copy and then apon running backup (2 or 3
    > times a week)
    >
    > exchange in the copy
    >
    > only the files which has changed or been added
    >
    > (I can't see that I need a raw of files, just one).
    >
    > It sounds so easy when thinking of it, but hard to me to do.
    >
    > Can anybody give ("spelled out") instruction on how do do it.
    >

    > Mary christmas and a happy new year
    >

    > Erik
    >
    > Denmark

Backup Microsoft Windows XP