reload xp pro

after reloading xp pro which I thought would be simple I find that my laptop
is not
responding ie. when turned on the normal xp logo appears followed by just
pointer
then a very quick window which is something to do with security failure then
dell logo with f2 f12 top right then repeats I have tried f8 but the varioius
options dont respond
neither does the cd dive works but does not load ? IT would appear that I
did not get authorisation ???
1 answer Last reply
More about reload

    Who gave you the idea that reinstalling your operating system would be
    simple?

    In any case, before performing a major operation like that, it always pays
    to read the instructions:

    Dell Software Reinstall Guide
    http://tinyurl.com/47gdg

    Ted Zieglar

    "dimwit" <dimwit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > after reloading xp pro which I thought would be simple I find that my
    > laptop
    > is not
    > responding ie. when turned on the normal xp logo appears followed by just
    > pointer
    > then a very quick window which is something to do with security failure
    > then
    > dell logo with f2 f12 top right then repeats I have tried f8 but the
    > varioius
    > options dont respond
    > neither does the cd dive works but does not load ? IT would appear that I
    > did not get authorisation ???

Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP