Sambo

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2004

I run XP Home Edition, using Task Manager to monitor my CPU usage I have
noticed that CPU usage is over 50% even though I have no programs open. Upon
reviewing running Processes (via Task Manager) I see that "System" and
"System Idle Process" are roughly equal values (between 40%-50%). I have
found that if I
run PERFORMANCE Located in Contol Panel - Performance - Admintrative Tools
that "System Idel Process" will go to 97% and "System" will go to 0% while
the CPU usage will go to 3%-4%.
Does anyone have any idea why this would happen, and how to permanently
correct the problem.
Thank You

What makes you think it's a problem?

Ted Zieglar