Problems with "prefetch" process after installing Service ..

After installing SP2, i got error messages saying the virtual memory was low,
so I increased it- the messages continued. Now I see that a process called
37cb69.exe is running and using more and more memory. I can end the process
with no problmes. I believe this process is part of "prefetch". Can anyone
suggest what is wrong and what I can do to fix it. I have run disk cleanup,
defragement and I have anti-virus scan.
2 answers Last reply
More about problems prefetch process installing service

    Have you considered spyware?

    Ted Zieglar

    graemegw wrote:
    > After installing SP2, i got error messages saying the virtual memory
    > was low, so I increased it- the messages continued. Now I see that a
    > process called 37cb69.exe is running and using more and more memory.
    > I can end the process with no problmes. I believe this process is
    > part of "prefetch". Can anyone suggest what is wrong and what I can
    > do to fix it. I have run disk cleanup, defragement and I have
    > anti-virus scan.

    Truthfully, that sounds more like Spyware/Adware/Malware of some sort.
    I suggest a full AntiVirus/AntiSpyware scan.

    Barring that - use this to clean up your Prefetch:

    <- Shenan ->

Virtual Memory Microsoft Windows XP