Volume Bud LG VX6100

Anyone know if there is fix for the "volume bug" yet. This is a quirk
that when you answer a call, the voice of the caller is lower for about
2-3 seconds before it comes up to full volume.

--
Thanks

Traveling
3 answers Last reply
More about volume vx6100

    In article <HXJvd.125354$7i4.13109@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net>,
    rvparked-newsroup@yahoo.com says...
    > Anyone know if there is fix for the "volume bug" yet. This is a quirk
    > that when you answer a call, the voice of the caller is lower for about
    > 2-3 seconds before it comes up to full volume.

    I spoke to LG today about this and other issues. They know of the volume
    bug and claim to have updated software coming out at the end of the
    month to address it.

    The real problem is that neither LG nor Verizon admit to the other
    problems that are widely reported on this phone:

    - Poor RF (fluctuations in signal strength, call drops, dumps to analog)
    - Audio cuts out every so often so that the other party can't hear you
    - Charging problem (plug in a charger when the low battery alarm sounds
    and the phone dumps your call)
    - Random volume on the both the speaker phone and regular earpiece
    - Poor battery life

    Check out forums on www.phonescoop.com for the details. Mine is going
    back tonight as I'm not locking myself into 2 years with this handset in
    its current state. Its a superb phone when it works. It looks great, but
    its not such a good phone right now. Once these issues are fixed, I'd
    buy it in a heartbeat - but only after they are fixed.

    So much for the extensive handset testing by Verizon...

    Your right on point. Before I bought this phone (bug and all) I emailed
    most of those that reviewed this phone positively. They hardly noticed
    the bug. For the week that I've had the phone, it's not a problem,
    perhaps because I have the volume turned up to high to begin with.

    But your so right. Verizon plays dumb and claims they never heard of the
    problem. I called one Verizon store after an actual visit to the store
    to speak to the manager. In person, I asked him about the problem and he
    repeated the claim that that's the first he's heard of it. I then called
    the store, and asked for him personally. When he came to the phone, I
    again asked him about the bug ( he didn't associate me with the personal
    visit) His response was "Gee, that's the first I heard that". The 2
    contacts were within 24 hours.

    Apparently, it's Verizon policy to deny problems for fear of having to
    accept returns outside of the 15 day return policy.

    Other than the bug, I'm pretty satisfied with the phone.

    --
    Thanks

    Traveling

    "James" <not.real@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > In article
    > <HXJvd.125354$7i4.13109@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net>,
    > rvparked-newsroup@yahoo.com says...
    >> Anyone know if there is fix for the "volume bug" yet. This is a quirk
    >> that when you answer a call, the voice of the caller is lower for
    >> about
    >> 2-3 seconds before it comes up to full volume.
    >>

    > I spoke to LG today about this and other issues. They know of the
    > volume
    > bug and claim to have updated software coming out at the end of the
    > month to address it.
    >
    > The real problem is that neither LG nor Verizon admit to the other
    > problems that are widely reported on this phone:
    >
    > - Poor RF (fluctuations in signal strength, call drops, dumps to
    > analog)
    > - Audio cuts out every so often so that the other party can't hear you
    > - Charging problem (plug in a charger when the low battery alarm
    > sounds
    > and the phone dumps your call)
    > - Random volume on the both the speaker phone and regular earpiece
    > - Poor battery life
    >
    > Check out forums on www.phonescoop.com for the details. Mine is going
    > back tonight as I'm not locking myself into 2 years with this handset
    > in
    > its current state. Its a superb phone when it works. It looks great,
    > but
    > its not such a good phone right now. Once these issues are fixed, I'd
    > buy it in a heartbeat - but only after they are fixed.
    >
    > So much for the extensive handset testing by Verizon...

    I would like to provide another point of view on the LG 6100. I have had
    one for over a month now and have been quite happy with it. Obviously your
    milage may vary.

    > - Poor RF (fluctuations in signal strength, call drops, dumps to analog)

    My experience has been that the RF is about on par with an LG 4400 with it's
    antenna not extended. Obviously it suffers slightly from the lack of
    extendable antenna, but it *never* drops my calls (when used around the
    Portland metro area). I don't care what the signal strength meter shows as
    long as my calls are clear and don't drop. I do have it set to announce
    audibly when my signal comes and goes and so once in a while I hear it beep
    while in my pocket as it looses/regains service. I am wondering if my old
    4400 did this as well and I just did not know because it did not have that
    option...

    > - Audio cuts out every so often so that the other party can't hear you

    I have not experienced this myself. I have however experienced the first
    couple second volume bug. While this is slightly annoying, it is not enough
    for me to want to return the phone. I am confident this will be resolved
    with a software update.

    > - Charging problem (plug in a charger when the low battery alarm sounds
    > and the phone dumps your call)

    I never let mine get that low on juice and so I have never seen this problem
    manifested... I guess it would be really annoying if that were part of my
    phone usage paradigm.

    > - Random volume on the both the speaker phone and regular earpiece

    I have not experienced this. Perhaps a defect in your unit?

    > - Poor battery life

    I have actually been very happy/surprised with it's battery life. My 4400
    needed charging pretty much every day to stay alive, however, the 6100 can
    last several days before charging the way I use it. Granted it is not as
    good as many GSM phones, but it is better than the 4400 and it is good
    enough for me.

    All of this said, my experience is based on myself living and working within
    a couple miles of the closest Verizon tower (and not much further from three
    others) in an area that Verizon uses 800mhz. Your experience may be totally
    different if say you were 5 miles from the nearest tower and it was a
    1900mhz system using some other manufacturer's base station gear and you
    used your phone for four hours a day. All of the original posters comments
    are based on their usage paradigm in their region. We may both be correct
    in everything we have said...

    I am happy enough with this phone that I am buying it as our corporate
    standard as a replacement for the LG 4400. I needed a phone that has analog
    support and awesome signal quality. The LG 6100 does have a couple minor
    bugs, but overall is a strong performer. I have yet to find another phone
    that Verizon sells that is a better fit to my needs.

    -Eric

    "James" <not.real@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > In article <HXJvd.125354$7i4.13109@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net>,
    > rvparked-newsroup@yahoo.com says...
    >> Anyone know if there is fix for the "volume bug" yet. This is a quirk
    >> that when you answer a call, the voice of the caller is lower for about
    >> 2-3 seconds before it comes up to full volume.
    >>

    > I spoke to LG today about this and other issues. They know of the volume
    > bug and claim to have updated software coming out at the end of the
    > month to address it.
    >
    > The real problem is that neither LG nor Verizon admit to the other
    > problems that are widely reported on this phone:
    >

    > Check out forums on www.phonescoop.com for the details. Mine is going
    > back tonight as I'm not locking myself into 2 years with this handset in
    > its current state. Its a superb phone when it works. It looks great, but
    > its not such a good phone right now. Once these issues are fixed, I'd
    > buy it in a heartbeat - but only after they are fixed.
    >
    > So much for the extensive handset testing by Verizon...

Verizon LG Internet Service Providers