Athlon XP board that uses SDram?

nyt

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2001
I'm looking for a reliable, but relatively cheap AMD Athlon XP board that I can use my SDram with. I've come across some boards from MSI that appear to be quite good, just wondering if there's anything else? Thanks!

--
Intel inside, AMD outside.

I would suggest the ECS K7S5A ($57 newegg) for the faster sis 735 chipset. The only other popular options are the kt133a or the aladdin magic chipset boards, which are already outdated. Ddram is cheap. My shuttle ak31 version 3.1 ($81 newegg) is much faster than the kt133a boards, and at that price, you should have some money leftover for ddram.

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
If you have SDRAM now, get the ECS K7S5A, use your SDRAM for now and upgrade to DDR later, it supports both.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor

G

Does anyone know the website for the makers of this MObo - i am faced with the same prob at the moment.

Also how does this Mobo compare with a ASUS A7A-266???
Thanx

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
The website is <A HREF="http://www.ecs.com.tw/products/k7s5a.htm" target="_new">here</A>. This mobo is faster than the Asus A7A266.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor