Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Any Reccommended pc games?

Last response: in Video Games
Share
November 14, 2011 5:19:29 PM

I have Skyrim and MW3 and they are AWESOME! However, I want to add to my collection since it is so small. This is what I have so far.

Dead Space
Dead Space2
Brink
Oblivion Elder Scrolls 4 with both expansion packs
Dungeons and Dragons Never Winter Nights 2 with both expansion packs
Medal of Honor Pacific Assault and MOH Airborne
All Of the Age Of Empires games
Prison Tycoon 1-4
First to Fight Close Combat
Brothers In Arms Earned in Blood
Rise of Nations Gold Edition
Rise of Legends
Plants vs. Zombies
Beat Hazard
Exodus From the Earth
Spore Creature Creator
Disciples 2 Gold Edition

More about : reccommended games

November 14, 2011 5:37:31 PM

Civilization 5

Battlefield 3

Batman Arkham Asylum

Batman Arkham City (not released yet)

maybe Assassin's Creed Brotherhood

If you have a couple of wired x-box 360 controllers, get Sonic and Sega's All Stars Racing - for some awesome splitscreen gaming.
m
0
l
November 14, 2011 6:42:32 PM

chriscornell said:
Civilization 5

Battlefield 3

Batman Arkham Asylum

Batman Arkham City (not released yet)

maybe Assassin's Creed Brotherhood

If you have a couple of wired x-box 360 controllers, get Sonic and Sega's All Stars Racing - for some awesome splitscreen gaming.



I appreciate the suggestions I will give them a try. I do know battlefield is awesome I plan on getting battlefield 3 soon.
m
0
l
Related resources
November 14, 2011 6:57:38 PM

Half Life Series if you enjoy story driven shooters (not to mention all of its mods such as Portal, CS, TF2)

Witcher 1 and 2 A very mature action RPG, and a PC exclusive.

Starcraft 2 is a great RTS with a good storyline and competitive online scene.

Cant go wrong with the Crysis series aswell, a nice sandbox type FPS where you can more or less choose how you want to approach your misson (whether it be run and gun, snipe, stealth etc)

m
0
l
November 14, 2011 7:25:48 PM

hmm, no love for bioware titles?

Mass Effect 1, 2 and 3(when last one comes out)
Dragon Age: Origins (I don't recommend DA2 if you like DA1)
m
0
l
November 14, 2011 7:36:40 PM

Umm get all of the free Valve titles. There are several including Team Fortress 2 and (if you have nvidia hardware) HL Deathmatch 2

I agree with the suggestion of Starcraft 2, but personally think that Red Alert 3 is much better (also cheaper)

GRiD, DiRT, and F1 are must-haves if you are even remotely into cars. If you're not into cars, I'm really sorry for you. You should get into them =D

Company of Heroes is also the best strategy game in history (IMO) - I see you have shooting games as well as RTS, making Company of Heroes a must-have.
m
0
l
November 14, 2011 9:58:35 PM

As stated:

  • Battlefield 3
  • Civilization 5
  • Star Wars: The Old Republic (Not out yet)

    It sounds like you have Steam as well as Origin, and in that case there are a TON of independent games which are fantastic.

  • Fallout 3 - For those that like Bethesda (Elder Scrolls) I'd check out Fallout3; one of the best post-apocalyptic, story driven FPS-RPGs out and quite amazing! Better than Borderlands story, haven't played RAGE yet.
  • Humble Indie Bundle's (I got this when it had World of Goo, Aquaria, Gish, Penumbra Overture, Lugaru HD and something else)
  • Supreme Commander 2 - Great RTS (Makes Warcraft and C&C games look like child's play)
  • Dungeons of Dreadmore (great old school Gauntlet-style game)
  • Jamestown - Best 1942 style, 4person simultaneous multiplayers I've played in YEARS! Amazing game with high replay value.
  • Track Mania United - SUPER fun online racing game that is a great buy if you are into this style. Free edition available as well.
  • The Wonderful End of the World is very much like Katamari Damacy for those that have a Playstation.
  • Borderlands - Fun FPS-RPG that is a diablo-esque (item driven) style game that uses similar mechanics to Diablo2 style item drops.
  • Terraria is like a 2d version of the new game MineCraft. Very fun, can run your own servers very easy, great team play and amazing how fast you can waste hours on this game...
  • Poker Night at the Inventory is a great little poker game to kill time on, unlocks items for TF2 as well.
  • Magicka is a very kewl little multiplayer game with a bunch of expansions, unlocks for TF2.
  • King's Bounty series - fun turn based adventure/RPG. Time consuming and takes a little time to get used to the game play/combat system.
  • AudioSurf - Great simple game that uses your music library to create virtual courses on a number of different game play styles.
  • Chime - A Tetris-style game that uses a game-driven melody to help you challange you on progressively harder levels.
  • Bioshock (1,2) - An FPS-RPG game that has a great and unique story.

    For more ideas you can visit my Steam home page and view my games, many which I listed here.
    m
    0
    l
    November 15, 2011 12:36:28 PM

    I have an Xbox 360 and a pc the games I listed above I have on pc the xbox games I have are

    Red Dead Redemption
    left 4 dead 1 and 2
    Halo reach
    halo wars
    halo3
    fallout 3
    fallout new vegas
    oblivion the elder scrolls IV I have skyrim on pc
    the last remnant
    fear 2
    rockband 1-2
    modern warfare 1-2 I have 3 on pc
    fable 2-3
    dead rising 1
    dantes inferno- I strongly urge anyone unless they like "arena" games where your are stuck in an area until you kill all enemies not to buy this game. HUGE waste of money.

    lord of the rings battle for middle earth 2
    Resident evil 5
    and a few others I can't remember right now I'll post them when I get home.
    m
    0
    l
    November 15, 2011 12:56:46 PM

    AntiZig said:
    hmm, no love for bioware titles?

    Mass Effect 1, 2 and 3(when last one comes out)
    Dragon Age: Origins (I don't recommend DA2 if you like DA1)



    Mass effect 1 was amazing, but I have not played 2 yet
    m
    0
    l
    November 15, 2011 12:59:17 PM

    shiko098 said:
    Half Life Series if you enjoy story driven shooters (not to mention all of its mods such as Portal, CS, TF2)

    Witcher 1 and 2 A very mature action RPG, and a PC exclusive.

    Starcraft 2 is a great RTS with a good storyline and competitive online scene.

    Cant go wrong with the Crysis series aswell, a nice sandbox type FPS where you can more or less choose how you want to approach your misson (whether it be run and gun, snipe, stealth etc)


    I think I will try starcraft I hear nothing but good things about it. As for witcher I think I will try it eventually if it really is as good as you say.
    m
    0
    l
    November 15, 2011 2:08:39 PM

    the best thing I liked about witcher 1 was the undeniable polish folklore in fantasy setting. anyone with slavic background should be able to relate
    m
    0
    l
    November 15, 2011 3:07:57 PM

    Since you mentioned you have the Xbox 360 (and I do realize the OP is in regard to pc games), and if you're remotely into dark fantasy RPGs, GET DARK SOULS NOW! It is a very difficult, but very addicting game. IMO, this game should be mentioned in the GOTY discussions. Best RPG combat system EVER.

    The only reason not to get it is if you're looking for a light frolic through the danelions. This game is more like death wrapped in some hopelessness with an extra helping of despair. Kind of makes Skyrim feel like a picnic on a warm sunny day. Those who have played it will understand what I mean by that.

    It's a shame really that the didn't release it on the pc.
    m
    0
    l
    November 15, 2011 7:50:24 PM

    wolfbane43 said:
    Mass effect 1 was amazing, but I have not played 2 yet


    agreed. Mass Effect is definitely worth the money

    also havent played the 2nd
    m
    0
    l
    November 15, 2011 10:03:53 PM

    I'd recommend The Witcher II and The Witcher. Quite a lot of change between the two but both are fun and challenging games.
    wolfbane43 said:
    I have Skyrim and MW3 and they are AWESOME! However, I want to add to my collection since it is so small. This is what I have so far.

    Dead Space
    Dead Space2
    Brink
    Oblivion Elder Scrolls 4 with both expansion packs
    Dungeons and Dragons Never Winter Nights 2 with both expansion packs
    Medal of Honor Pacific Assault and MOH Airborne
    All Of the Age Of Empires games
    Prison Tycoon 1-4
    First to Fight Close Combat
    Brothers In Arms Earned in Blood
    Rise of Nations Gold Edition
    Rise of Legends
    Plants vs. Zombies
    Beat Hazard
    Exodus From the Earth
    Spore Creature Creator
    Disciples 2 Gold Edition

    m
    0
    l
    November 15, 2011 11:59:20 PM

    Metro 2033, crysis, Mass Effect 1 (2 is necessary if you play 1), BF3, Killing floor could go on.
    m
    0
    l
    November 16, 2011 12:31:07 PM

    nocturnal7x said:
    Metro 2033, crysis, Mass Effect 1 (2 is necessary if you play 1), BF3, Killing floor could go on.


    I'm definitely going to get mass effect 2 and witcher1 today.
    m
    0
    l
    November 16, 2011 12:32:29 PM

    Here's a question for everyone what do you think is the bloodiest and most violent pc game to date?
    m
    0
    l
    November 16, 2011 3:22:16 PM

    I would recommend Company of Heroes which is a great ww2 rts imo. Also as someone said before TF2 is a wonderful free game on steam.
    m
    0
    l
    November 16, 2011 3:44:40 PM

    wolfbane43 said:
    Here's a question for everyone what do you think is the bloodiest and most violent pc game to date?


    Manhunt. That game was awesome.
    m
    0
    l
    November 16, 2011 5:33:07 PM

    Gothams Finest said:
    Manhunt. That game was awesome.


    I have not played manhunt. Where is it based and who is the main character?
    m
    0
    l
    November 16, 2011 8:38:45 PM

    wolfbane43 said:
    Here's a question for everyone what do you think is the bloodiest and most violent pc game to date?

    Splatterhouse (PS3 & XBox)

    Originally on Genesis and TurboGraphix 16.
    m
    0
    l
    November 16, 2011 8:48:06 PM

    Killing floor is pretty bad ass, brains everywhere.
    m
    0
    l
    November 17, 2011 8:43:18 AM

    wolfbane43 said:
    I have not played manhunt. Where is it based and who is the main character?


    Its made by Rockstar, its set in the fictional Carcer City and the main character is called James Earl Cash.

    I'm surprised you haven't heard of Manhunt, Its by far the most violent game ever made. It got loads of publicity and outrage when it came out and it got baned in quite a few countries.

    Basic plot summary:

    Set in dilapidated Carcer City, the story opens with a female news anchor reporting on the convict James Earl Cash, a criminal on death row who has supposedly been executed by lethal injection. Cash awakes to the voice of a person coming from an earpiece, revealing that Cash was only sedated. Cash puts on the earpiece and the person, who refers to himself as the Director, promises Cash his freedom before the night is over, but only if Cash follows the Director's instructions. Released in a dingy neighborhood, Cash is directed to slaughter his way through the streets, populated by a street gang calling themselves "The Hoods" while the Director, watching through security cameras scattered throughout the city, repeatedly mentions the need to please the audiences, revealing his occupation as a snuff film director.

    Manhunt http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGuhX5AmjuA

    Manhunt 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6LwaLHz5Xk&feature=rela...

    Manhunt 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATw6FAmeMdo&feature=rela...

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manhunt_(video_game)

    m
    0
    l
    November 18, 2011 12:34:03 PM

    Gothams Finest said:
    Its made by Rockstar, its set in the fictional Carcer City and the main character is called James Earl Cash.

    I'm surprised you haven't heard of Manhunt, Its by far the most violent game ever made. It got loads of publicity and outrage when it came out and it got baned in quite a few countries.

    Basic plot summary:

    Set in dilapidated Carcer City, the story opens with a female news anchor reporting on the convict James Earl Cash, a criminal on death row who has supposedly been executed by lethal injection. Cash awakes to the voice of a person coming from an earpiece, revealing that Cash was only sedated. Cash puts on the earpiece and the person, who refers to himself as the Director, promises Cash his freedom before the night is over, but only if Cash follows the Director's instructions. Released in a dingy neighborhood, Cash is directed to slaughter his way through the streets, populated by a street gang calling themselves "The Hoods" while the Director, watching through security cameras scattered throughout the city, repeatedly mentions the need to please the audiences, revealing his occupation as a snuff film director.

    Manhunt http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGuhX5AmjuA

    Manhunt 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6LwaLHz5Xk&feature=rela...

    Manhunt 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATw6FAmeMdo&feature=rela...

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manhunt_(video_game)

    thx for the summary I really appreciate it sounds fun!
    m
    0
    l
    November 18, 2011 12:34:32 PM

    Gothams Finest said:
    Its made by Rockstar, its set in the fictional Carcer City and the main character is called James Earl Cash.

    I'm surprised you haven't heard of Manhunt, Its by far the most violent game ever made. It got loads of publicity and outrage when it came out and it got baned in quite a few countries.

    Basic plot summary:

    Set in dilapidated Carcer City, the story opens with a female news anchor reporting on the convict James Earl Cash, a criminal on death row who has supposedly been executed by lethal injection. Cash awakes to the voice of a person coming from an earpiece, revealing that Cash was only sedated. Cash puts on the earpiece and the person, who refers to himself as the Director, promises Cash his freedom before the night is over, but only if Cash follows the Director's instructions. Released in a dingy neighborhood, Cash is directed to slaughter his way through the streets, populated by a street gang calling themselves "The Hoods" while the Director, watching through security cameras scattered throughout the city, repeatedly mentions the need to please the audiences, revealing his occupation as a snuff film director.

    Manhunt http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGuhX5AmjuA

    Manhunt 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6LwaLHz5Xk&feature=rela...

    Manhunt 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATw6FAmeMdo&feature=rela...

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manhunt_(video_game)

    Banned = my kind of game!
    m
    0
    l
    !