Sign in with
Your question

Corsair hydro series h60 120 mm fan cpu cooler, will this fit my case

Last response: in Video Games
November 15, 2011 3:45:07 AM

so i noticed my computer is running a little hot as of late, and i think its bcuz of running my system in boost mode from AMD overdrive, so im looking into getting a cpu cooler, i was wondering if the one below is compatible with my rig and if it will fit, or if i should just wait to invest in something better?? any replys appreciated!!

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Corsair+-+Hydro+Series+H60+...

AMD phenom II X6 processor 1045T
nvidia gtx 550 ti 1 gb
corsair gs600 watt power supply

ps: reply soon if possible, sale might end
November 15, 2011 5:55:18 AM

So, you didn't mention a case for the cooler to fit in? Sigh.

Anyhow, you're only worried about the radiator and fan setup. It's about the size of a Cooler Master Hyper 212+ with an extra fan, so you're going to need space for that, either inside or outside the case.
November 15, 2011 6:24:51 PM

Toxxyc said:
So, you didn't mention a case for the cooler to fit in? Sigh.

Anyhow, you're only worried about the radiator and fan setup. It's about the size of a Cooler Master Hyper 212+ with an extra fan, so you're going to need space for that, either inside or outside the case.

My bad dude, i thot the 1045 t might explain the case, below is my computer i added some stuff to it, but its still the same case, are u saying i can have this on the outside of my case if i need to??

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Pavilion+Elite+Desktop...
Related resources
November 16, 2011 5:05:20 AM

If the case allows, outside fitting of the radiator is preferred. It allows for better cooling overall due to not blowing hot air around inside the case.

Anyway, that case is pretty basic. I'm not sure it will fit a water cooling system. Look at a case like the Cooler Master HAF-932 if you're looking at water cooling. It's very sturdy, good quality and easily fits a large water cooling system.
November 16, 2011 9:44:18 PM

Toxxyc said:
If the case allows, outside fitting of the radiator is preferred. It allows for better cooling overall due to not blowing hot air around inside the case.

Anyway, that case is pretty basic. I'm not sure it will fit a water cooling system. Look at a case like the Cooler Master HAF-932 if you're looking at water cooling. It's very sturdy, good quality and easily fits a large water cooling system.

alright thanks im just gonna wait and save up money than and get something real nice
November 16, 2011 9:47:36 PM

do u think i can run my computer in boost mode tho for the time being even tho its getting hot, its more on the warm side, and feels kinda good when i put my hand on it, that cant be too bad right?!
November 17, 2011 4:46:31 AM

Temps man, "how your hand feels" isn't an accurate measurement. Get something like HWMonitor to tell you how hot the CPU is in degrees, and post those temps here.
!