Can I get a recovey number w/o serial number?

A friend has a Presario 5630. I am trying to d/l it for her but don't
have her serial number. I am trying to get a hold of her to get it.
In the mean time, are there alternative locations other than
http://www.dewaldsr.com ? I can't get enough bandwidth there.

TIA

Dr. John
drNOjohnrtp@hotSPAMmail.com

A friend has a Presario 5630. I am trying to d/l it for her but don't
have her serial number. I am trying to get a hold of her to get it.
In the mean time, are there alternative locations other than
http://www.dewaldsr.com ? I can't get enough bandwidth there.

TIA

Dr. John
drNOjohnrtp@hotSPAMmail.com

hh

To start with, there are no downloadable recovery discs for any Compaq
Presario. QuickRestore CDs are available for most that came with Windows
Milenium or later OSs by calling Compaq.
HH

"Dr John" <drNOjohnSPrtpAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> A friend has a Presario 5630. I am trying to d/l it for her but don't
> have her serial number. I am trying to get a hold of her to get it.
> In the mean time, are there alternative locations other than
> http://www.dewaldsr.com ? I can't get enough bandwidth there.
>
> TIA
>

> Dr. John
> drNOjohnrtp@hotSPAMmail.com

Thanks, but the Compaq site says it has one. I don't understand. Do
you know what they are offering?

"HH" <hahunt42@hotmail.com> wrote:

>To start with, there are no downloadable recovery discs for any Compaq
>Presario. QuickRestore CDs are available for most that came with Windows
>Milenium or later OSs by calling Compaq.
>HH
>
>"Dr John" <drNOjohnSPrtpAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> A friend has a Presario 5630. I am trying to d/l it for her but don't
>> have her serial number. I am trying to get a hold of her to get it.
>> In the mean time, are there alternative locations other than
>> http://www.dewaldsr.com ? I can't get enough bandwidth there.
>>
>> TIA
>>

>> Dr. John
>> drNOjohnrtp@hotSPAMmail.com

Dr. John
drNOjohnrtp@hotSPAMmail.com

hh

Post the URL to the download.

> Thanks, but the Compaq site says it has one. I don't understand. Do
> you know what they are offering?
>
> "HH" <hahunt42@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> >To start with, there are no downloadable recovery discs for any Compaq
> >Presario. QuickRestore CDs are available for most that came with Windows
> >Milenium or later OSs by calling Compaq.
> >HH
> >
> >"Dr John" <drNOjohnSPrtpAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >> A friend has a Presario 5630. I am trying to d/l it for her but don't
> >> have her serial number. I am trying to get a hold of her to get it.
> >> In the mean time, are there alternative locations other than
> >> http://www.dewaldsr.com ? I can't get enough bandwidth there.
> >>
> >> TIA
> >>

> >> Dr. John
> >> drNOjohnrtp@hotSPAMmail.com
> >

> Dr. John
> drNOjohnrtp@hotSPAMmail.com

The Compaq link turns out to be one to order the CD. I couldn't tell
until I got the serial number. It does confirm there is a recovery CD
available.
http://qrcons.orderz.com/page1.asp

It is available for download at:
http://www.dewaldsr.com

The download is so slow it times out part way through.

"HH" <hahunt42@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Post the URL to the download.
>HH
>
>"Dr John" <drNOjohnSPrtpAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Thanks, but the Compaq site says it has one. I don't understand. Do
>> you know what they are offering?
>>
>> "HH" <hahunt42@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> >To start with, there are no downloadable recovery discs for any Compaq
>> >Presario. QuickRestore CDs are available for most that came with Windows
>> >Milenium or later OSs by calling Compaq.
>> >HH
>> >
>> >"Dr John" <drNOjohnSPrtpAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>> Dr. John
>> drNOjohnrtp@hotSPAMmail.com

Dr. John
drNOjohnrtp@hotSPAMmail.com

hh

Just get the CD. It's $10. including postage. FYI, Unless the Compaq folders
are still on the D:System_sav partition, the recovery CD will not restore
the system.

> The Compaq link turns out to be one to order the CD. I couldn't tell
> until I got the serial number. It does confirm there is a recovery CD
> available.
> http://qrcons.orderz.com/page1.asp
>
> It is available for download at:
> http://www.dewaldsr.com
>
> The download is so slow it times out part way through.
>

> "HH" <hahunt42@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> >Post the URL to the download.
> >HH
> >
> >"Dr John" <drNOjohnSPrtpAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >> Thanks, but the Compaq site says it has one. I don't understand. Do
> >> you know what they are offering?

Windows

> >> Dr. John
> >> drNOjohnrtp@hotSPAMmail.com
> >

> Dr. John
> drNOjohnrtp@hotSPAMmail.com

hh

The S/N is on a white barcode sticker on the back of the PC. It is 12-digits
alphanumeric. You also can call Compaq at 800-841-2761 for
Recovery/QuickRestore CDs.
HH

"HH" <hahunt42@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Just get the CD. It's $10. including postage. FYI, Unless the Compaq
folders
> are still on the D:System_sav partition, the recovery CD will not restore
> the system.
> HH
>
> "Dr John" <drNOjohnSPrtpAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > The Compaq link turns out to be one to order the CD. I couldn't tell
> > until I got the serial number. It does confirm there is a recovery CD
> > available.
> > http://qrcons.orderz.com/page1.asp
> >
> > It is available for download at:
> > http://www.dewaldsr.com
> >
> > The download is so slow it times out part way through.
> >

> > "HH" <hahunt42@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > >Post the URL to the download.
> > >HH
> > >
> > >"Dr John" <drNOjohnSPrtpAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Compaq
> Windows

> don't

> > Dr. John
> > drNOjohnrtp@hotSPAMmail.com

That's my plan. I was hoping to avoid the shipping time.