Not Famous but Good

G

Hi everyone!!
This is my first time posting messages in this message board. I have found something really interesting when I was making my trip to HK. I wasn't really familiar with the motherboards but know a little bit about it, I stopped by one of the really crowed computer mall, and found that, there is a brand with under average prices. I bought that for about 700 bucks in HK (HK dollar of course), I was so supecous about how stable it is, but hey, it works as fine as the Aopen (the one I was using), not even need to say anything about the creepy PC-CHIPS brand. The one I bought is what ever Winsonic, don't remember the model, all I can remember is, it's using the intel 815EP chipset and support the Tualatin (if I remember the spelling correctly)CPU.
Nothing much to say, just, it's really really great.

girish

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
cool!

good for you. nice to see a noname board work fine. probably you are just one of the few lucky ones.

<font color=red>No system is fool-proof. Fools are Ingenious!</font color=red>

Ed_Phoon

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Winsonic board on sale in Singapore too.
It you bought a Via chipsets mobo with the same brand, not Intel one, I think you wouldn't be that happy.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Ed_Phoon on 11/14/01 12:43 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

G

HI There,

Really? What's wrong with the VIA chipset board for this name? I had told my friend to try this brand.

G

Hi;
this is my first attempt at "posting" and i noticed your thread regarding the intel 815ep chipset. i purchased an asus board 6-7 months ago and it has been working a-ok. this is the 3rd asus board that i've bought and each system has been "very good to me". I've been able to tweek things and have an older pentium system that has been overclocking along for nearly 4 years now. anyway, my new board has a 600celeron(aaggh...) i know; everyone here is AMD XP or death... but nevertheless, I would like to plug a tualatin chip into this board but i don't know if the chipset is a "step B" and if it may/may not support the tualatin 0.13 micron chip. how do i find out if the i815ep chipset on my mobo is a "step B" and compatible with the tualatin chip? Thanks for any point in the right direction.

homebody

girish

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
You dont have to, Asus makes another board with the B0 rev 815EP chipset, the TUSL2-C.

Asus names their boards by first two characters indicating the CPU and second one or two characters indicating the chipset, both are by their codenames. The characters after the hyphen indicate the features.

So a CUSL2 is a board with CU: supporting Coppermine (P-III) processors with SL2: Solano-2 chipset. Similarly, TU in TUSL2 indicates it supports the Tualatin model of the Pentium-III.

girish

<font color=red>No system is fool-proof. Fools are Ingenious!</font color=red>