Which KT266a board?

I'm trying to decide between the SHUTTLE AK31A and the EPOX EP-8KHA+. These are the main two, since they both have 6 PCI slots. So, any recommendations?

Also, how is the Gigabyte KT266a board? A friend of mine is insterested in that one.
14 answers Last reply
More about which kt266a board
  1. lol, good luck!

What's the frequency, Kenneth?
  2. Go for MSI K7T266 PRO2-ru, the price is around $140, with USB2.0 and RAID, excellent futures.

:)
  3. the gigabyte is great, i have the vtx-P. both of those boards as a couple others have been covered by users here. go back a few pages in this forum and you'll find em.

well if luck is a lady, it explains why i have no luck :frown:
  4. is asus one out yet?
  5. AJUMP.com claims thier's will be in by Friday 11/16.

<font color=blue>Will Rogers never liked me.</font color=blue>
  6. Running the shuttle ak31 version 3.1 for 3 weeks, currently at 139 fsb at the default voltage with the via 4 in 1 version 4.35. For $81, it's a steal. Haven't used all 4 ddram slots at the same time. Some people have had problems with the usb ports, but I don't use them.
  7. well kind of weird, but why Asus never release theirs yet
  8. Asus Released thier board in Australia first(they always do). The board went close to 2 weeks before a recall was initiated. Something wrong with memory controller or PCI bus (i have heard both). As far as the USA Release i have it on good authority that it wont be till Late December / early january. Doesnt that just SUCK!?!?

Anyway if you were interested in the Asus board (asus A7V266-E) you might want to check out the Abit KR7A-Raid
    It is actually a better board with everything the asus board had PLUS ATA133 onboard and NO onboard sound. :)

If you are looking for an awsome low cost board check out the Gigabyte GA-7VTXH. ATA100, 5 PCI, onboard sound (creative hardware so its not horrible) AGP 4x, dual bios (that feature rocks) usb and onboard 10/100 lan. that is going for about $90-$100 on price watch, even bobs rip off shack has it for $110.

Hope that helps.

Putting the LAUGH back in SLAUGHTER.
  9. I've had my Shuttle AK-31A for a month now with no problems. It's got 4 DIMM slots if you need them and it only costs around $80. I'd recommend it, unless there's something on the EPoX board you just have to have.

<i>Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.</i>
  10. I would buy the EPOX, I trust the brand, and it's preformance is un-paralled.

Keyboard not found press F5 to continue
  11. I was notified by AJUMP.com that my ASUS A7V266e shipped last night. Tracking shows it sleeping in L.A. tonight.11/15/01

<font color=blue>Will Rogers never liked me.</font color=blue>
  12. Hey guys,
    I was in the same boat trying to decide which one, so I put a lot of effort into a comparison. Check it out here. Hope this helps.

Also, if there are errors, email me and let me know.
    http://www-personal.umich.edu/~mikesp/
  13. boards out with ATA133 and usb2.0 already? groan... well im still happy with the GA-7VTXH (other than its still in the box waiting for other bits, so uh, actually i dont know yet hehe) and anyway itd be ages until UK gets them.

"Bring out the dead..."
    "I'm not dead yet!"
    "Yes you are!"
  14. Check the ABIT KR7A-Raid... In my opinion best af all!!!!!!
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Shuttle Product