Start > Run command menu problem

I can't figure out why I from time to time lose the menu of commands in the
Start>Run box, such as regedit, msconfig, sfc /scannow, etc. It's a minor
problem retyping these commands, but they used to be there and I just had to
type a letter or two to bring the proper command up; now they seem to
disappear periodically, and I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks,

Ma No
XP SP2 Home
Firefox and rarely IE

Your RUN list is populated by a registry key called RunMRU (most recently
used).

A variety of "security/privacy" software programs will clean the various
MRU lists (there are many).

My guess is you are running a "clean my tracks" software program.

"Ma No" <oneday@at.ime> wrote in message
> I can't figure out why I from time to time lose the menu of commands in
the
> Start>Run box, such as regedit, msconfig, sfc /scannow, etc. It's a minor
> problem retyping these commands, but they used to be there and I just had
> type a letter or two to bring the proper command up; now they seem to
> disappear periodically, and I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ma No
> XP SP2 Home
> Firefox and rarely IE

Thanks folks. Yesterday I turned off "search for negligible risk entries" in
Ad-Aware SE 1.05. So far, so good.

Ma No