Start > Run command menu problem

I can't figure out why I from time to time lose the menu of commands in the
Start>Run box, such as regedit, msconfig, sfc /scannow, etc. It's a minor
problem retyping these commands, but they used to be there and I just had to
type a letter or two to bring the proper command up; now they seem to
disappear periodically, and I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks,

Ma No
XP SP2 Home
Firefox and rarely IE
2 answers Last reply
More about start command menu problem

    Your RUN list is populated by a registry key called RunMRU (most recently
    used).

    A variety of "security/privacy" software programs will clean the various
    MRU lists (there are many).

    My guess is you are running a "clean my tracks" software program.

    "Ma No" <oneday@at.ime> wrote in message
    > I can't figure out why I from time to time lose the menu of commands in
    the
    > Start>Run box, such as regedit, msconfig, sfc /scannow, etc. It's a minor
    > problem retyping these commands, but they used to be there and I just had
    > type a letter or two to bring the proper command up; now they seem to
    > disappear periodically, and I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Ma No
    > XP SP2 Home
    > Firefox and rarely IE

    Thanks folks. Yesterday I turned off "search for negligible risk entries" in
    Ad-Aware SE 1.05. So far, so good.

    Ma No

Internet Explorer Command Prompt Microsoft Windows XP