POPPY

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2004

I had a screen freeze today , and couldnt get task manager or anything to
work, had to force a shutdown, when i got back on i went to event viewer and
this was an error in the system list- Windows Operating System
ID: 7016
Source: Service Control Manager
Version: 5.0
Component: System Event Log
Symbolic Name: EVENT_BAD_SERVICE_STATE
Message: The %1 service has reported an invalid current state %2.

Explanation
The service controller cannot recognize the state code reported by the
service specified.

User Action
Report the code number to the service vendor's technical support group.

anyone know what that means please!

Does this happen frequently?

If it's the first time you've experienced it, or if it happens rarely, don't
give it a second thought. There's a lot of fancy plumbing going on behind
what you see on your monitor, and part of that includes Windows looking
after itself.
--
Ted Zieglar

"poppy" <poppy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I had a screen freeze today , and couldnt get task manager or anything to
> work, had to force a shutdown, when i got back on i went to event viewer
and
> this was an error in the system list- Windows Operating System
> ID: 7016
> Source: Service Control Manager
> Version: 5.0
> Component: System Event Log
> Symbolic Name: EVENT_BAD_SERVICE_STATE
> Message: The %1 service has reported an invalid current state %2.
>
> Explanation
> The service controller cannot recognize the state code reported by the
> service specified.
>

> User Action
> Report the code number to the service vendor's technical support group.
>
> anyone know what that means please!

POPPY

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2004

I dont get it all the time , just now and then, but i was looking at the
applications at the same time and my avg was updating itself, i had a game
running and media player on , so maybe it was all a bit too much for the poor
thing , lol