Automaticaly Restart Application on Error or Termination

jeremy

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Hello,

I'm surprised I'm having trouble finding this, but so far no luck. I am
looking for a utility or batch file that will automatically restart an
..exe file that terminates or becomes unresponsive. We have a program
from an vendor that crashes occasionally and it is critical that it be
kept running. Does anyone know of a method to accomplish this?

I understand the problem is with the application itself, but for the
interim until it is fixed, something like this would save a lot of
headaches. Thanks in advance for your assistance!

I am not 100 percent certain this will work, but you could try srvany (runs
a progam as a service and comes with the windows nt resource kit but you can
find it on the web) and a program called PC Inspector FSGuard (free), which
will monitor and restart services should they fail.

Jeremy wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm surprised I'm having trouble finding this, but so far no luck. I am
> looking for a utility or batch file that will automatically restart an
> .exe file that terminates or becomes unresponsive. We have a program
> from an vendor that crashes occasionally and it is critical that it be
> kept running. Does anyone know of a method to accomplish this?
>
> I understand the problem is with the application itself, but for the
> interim until it is fixed, something like this would save a lot of
> headaches. Thanks in advance for your assistance!

Create a simple batch file like:

:Start
C:\work\important.exe
goto Start

This will run the program and as soon as it closes restart it. To stop
the restart close the command window it will open.