Compaq 5600i Presario Upgrade?

I have upgraded my brother-in-law's Compaq Presario 5600i from Win 98SE to
Windows ME. As you might have already guessed, I am having some PCI Audio
and Modem problems of not being recognized. All he gave me was the Compaq
restoration disk which doesn't seem to have drivers on it. Can someone
direct me to how I can get these items working in Windows ME? Is there a
disk with drivers on it that he might have overlooked?

Thanks for your help on this.

Remove XYZ to respond to my question directly,

John Foster
1 answer Last reply
More about compaq 5600i presario upgrade

    Nope. There are very few Win Me drivers for the 5600i. No audio or modem
    drivers are listed.
    HH

    "John Foster" <jofoxyz@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > I have upgraded my brother-in-law's Compaq Presario 5600i from Win 98SE to
    > Windows ME. As you might have already guessed, I am having some PCI Audio
    > and Modem problems of not being recognized. All he gave me was the Compaq
    > restoration disk which doesn't seem to have drivers on it. Can someone
    > direct me to how I can get these items working in Windows ME? Is there a
    > disk with drivers on it that he might have overlooked?
    >
    > Thanks for your help on this.
    >
    > Remove XYZ to respond to my question directly,
    >
    > John Foster

Compaq Windows Me Presario Computers