System wont recognize CDrom or DVD-RW rom

My system went crazy on me. My CD/rw and DVD/rw will power up and open but
for some reason my system will not recognize it. It will not show up in My
Computer even after uninstalling and installing them again. I did a "system
information" check for the problem devices and it says "failure using the
VxD loader". What is that?? HELP...!!
1 answer Last reply
More about system wont recognize cdrom

    Hi Rich,

    D/load and run this fix, provided courtesy of Doug Knox, to "Restore CD/DVD
    Drives to Explorer":
    http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/xp_cd_dvd_fix.htm

    Regards,

    --
    Patti MacLeod
    Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User

    "Rich H" <Rich H@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > My system went crazy on me. My CD/rw and DVD/rw will power up and open but
    > for some reason my system will not recognize it. It will not show up in My
    > Computer even after uninstalling and installing them again. I did a
    "system
    > information" check for the problem devices and it says "failure using the
    > VxD loader". What is that?? HELP...!!

DVD RW Rom Microsoft Windows XP