System wont recognize CDrom or DVD-RW rom

My system went crazy on me. My CD/rw and DVD/rw will power up and open but
for some reason my system will not recognize it. It will not show up in My
Computer even after uninstalling and installing them again. I did a "system
information" check for the problem devices and it says "failure using the
VxD loader". What is that?? HELP...!!

Hi Rich,

D/load and run this fix, provided courtesy of Doug Knox, to "Restore CD/DVD
Drives to Explorer":
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/xp_cd_dvd_fix.htm

Regards,

--