Scheduled backup problem

I have managed to successfully backup my data files to a 2nd hard drive and I
would now like to set backup uo to run automatically. When I try to set up a
scheduled backup job I get the following error:
The new task has been created, but may not run because the account
information could not be set. The specific error is:
0x800070005: Access is denied.
Try using the Task page Browse button to locate the application

and after the scheduled time the Backup Job Status changes to 'Could not
Start'.

Any advice gratefully received
Thanks in anticpation

Adrian

Does SYSTEM have at least write permission on the data you are backing up?
Check the permissions, and add the SYSTEM if needed.

Jeff S
out1649@hotmail.com

"wikegolfa" wrote:

> I have managed to successfully backup my data files to a 2nd hard drive and I
> would now like to set backup uo to run automatically. When I try to set up a
> scheduled backup job I get the following error:
> The new task has been created, but may not run because the account
> information could not be set. The specific error is:
> 0x800070005: Access is denied.
> Try using the Task page Browse button to locate the application
>
> and after the scheduled time the Backup Job Status changes to 'Could not
> Start'.
>
> Any advice gratefully received
> Thanks in anticpation
>
> Adrian

Thanks for the reply; I suspect you are on the right track, unfortunately
(showing my ignorance of Windows Xp) I don't seem to have a security tab on
the scheduled task with which to change the 'system' write permission. Looked
in help without success. Is there something fundamental that I am missing?
Adrian

"mtjoyhero" wrote:

> Does SYSTEM have at least write permission on the data you are backing up?
> Check the permissions, and add the SYSTEM if needed.
>
> Jeff S
> out1649@hotmail.com
>
> "wikegolfa" wrote:
>
> > I have managed to successfully backup my data files to a 2nd hard drive and I
> > would now like to set backup uo to run automatically. When I try to set up a
> > scheduled backup job I get the following error:
> > The new task has been created, but may not run because the account
> > information could not be set. The specific error is:
> > 0x800070005: Access is denied.
> > Try using the Task page Browse button to locate the application
> >
> > and after the scheduled time the Backup Job Status changes to 'Could not
> > Start'.
> >
> > Any advice gratefully received
> > Thanks in anticpation
> >
> > Adrian

You will need to add permissions for SYSTEM to the files and/or folder you
are backing up.

Jeff S.

"wikegolfa" wrote:

> Thanks for the reply; I suspect you are on the right track, unfortunately
> (showing my ignorance of Windows Xp) I don't seem to have a security tab on
> the scheduled task with which to change the 'system' write permission. Looked
> in help without success. Is there something fundamental that I am missing?
> Adrian
>
> "mtjoyhero" wrote:
>
> > Does SYSTEM have at least write permission on the data you are backing up?
> > Check the permissions, and add the SYSTEM if needed.
> >
> > Jeff S
> > out1649@hotmail.com
> >
> > "wikegolfa" wrote:
> >
> > > I have managed to successfully backup my data files to a 2nd hard drive and I
> > > would now like to set backup uo to run automatically. When I try to set up a
> > > scheduled backup job I get the following error:
> > > The new task has been created, but may not run because the account
> > > information could not be set. The specific error is:
> > > 0x800070005: Access is denied.
> > > Try using the Task page Browse button to locate the application
> > >
> > > and after the scheduled time the Backup Job Status changes to 'Could not
> > > Start'.
> > >
> > > Any advice gratefully received
> > > Thanks in anticpation
> > >
> > > Adrian

Jeff,
Thanks again for replying. I have tried to add permissions to folders
but I can't because there isn't a security tab.

How do I make the security tab active?

Regards
Adrian