Skyrim Auto-Detects Graphics to Medium

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetaDragon

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2011
So i purchased Skyrim, and holy cow, am i in-love. Anyway, i noticed something when i started the program for the first time. When Skyrim auto-detected my video settings, it set my graphics and medium. Now this not seem like a big deal, and i'm not real worried about it, but my new PC is more than capable to run Skyrim on Ultra. So i went in a set it manually to what i wanted.

So i need to ask, is there something on my PC that sucks, that i am not seeing?

I mean even with everything set to max, i don't lag, lose frame rate, or anything. Everything runs smoothly, and looks beautiful.

Here are my specs:

Nvidia GeFource GTX 580
Intel Quad Qore 2500K Processor
760GB HD Space
Windows 7 Home Premium
Direct x 11
Video Driver: 8.17.12.8538

Solution
Could have been 'cause your video driver is one generation out of date,,[8558, is current] could be 'cause it Skyrim was originally wrote for consoles and ported to the PC as an afterthought,,take your pick, who cares ,your happy and that is all that counts...:)

dokk2

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2007
Could have been 'cause your video driver is one generation out of date,,[8558, is current] could be 'cause it Skyrim was originally wrote for consoles and ported to the PC as an afterthought,,take your pick, who cares ,your happy and that is all that counts...:)

Solution

MetaDragon

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2011

Yeah you are probably right. I know i shouldn't worry about something like this, but i just wanna make sure i am running Skyrim at it's best. I wanna get the most out of this game. Ya know what i mean? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.