  • Microsoft
  • Devices
  • Windows XP
December 19, 2004 5:57:03 PM

Code 10 (this device cannot start) apears on the Smart Card Readers driver on
Device Manager
Can anyone tell me what is this and can I solve this problem ?
I tried to change I/O resources but the problem stays the same.
By the way the driver is from GEMPLUS Pcmcia smart card driver

Thank's in advance!

More about : code device start

Anonymous
December 19, 2004 10:47:17 PM

From Microsoft's knowledge base:

"To resolve this error code, make sure that the device is connected to the
computer correctly. For example, make sure that all cables are plugged in
and that all adapter cards are properly seated. Update the device driver as
the Resolution button suggests. You may also be able to remove the device
and redetect it by using the Add New Hardware wizard."

Ted Zieglar

!