XBOX controller or Logitech controller?????

aneesh92

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2011
I want to play FIFA series like FIFA 11, FIFA 12 and other versions which are going to come in few years. I also want to play NFS most wanted....so I have a fear of over sensitivity of controlling the car,
And finally I have 50$ suggest some good controller pls. Hopefully it should be either XBOX or Logitech.

chriscornell

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2009
A wired x-box 360 controller is all you need.

Windows finds the driver for it by itself and most games recognize the controller without problems.

I've had several Logitech gamepads, and it was always a fuzz to get games to integrate their buttons properly. Besides that you often need the Logitech bloatware to run in the background.

You won't regret buying an X-box controller.

Remember that you need to buy a wired gamepad, otherwise you'll need a reciever for the pc which is quite expensive.

ddemon

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2011
Xbox controller! .... as CriscCornell said the set up is very easy with most games, almost every game i've played matter of fact. if you aren't at a desk and want to go wireless the relievers are like $20 less on ebay i think, just watch out with windows 7 it wont find drivers automaticly and you gotta select them yourself, there there it's just a hassle lol.

gamer_patriot

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2011
I think the best Game Controller till date is X360 Controller.
I'm using it from last 3 years with all Sports and Action Adventure games. It gives you the best gaming experience + complete controll in game. Also its very tough/strong.

The position of Analog Sticks on X360 controller is best for FIFA games it not only control the players exceptionally but helps to do all the tricks possible in FIFA.
So I'll suggest you X360 over any other controller.

aneesh92

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2011

But I have heard that Xbox 360 controller is not programmable while Logitech is programmable. So which is better then???

aneesh92

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2011

I use Windows 7 only then how can I play games :'(
I have listened that it works only for XP and that too sp2.
Help please. My XP is sp 3 I think.

gamer_patriot

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2011

hi aneesh92, all the games in market has the option to coustomize the controls so u can assign the keys as per ur choice. and for win xp Microsoft have drivers (32bit and 64bit).

from last few days I've started to use the controller operating Windows except typing.

one more thig about xbox 360 controller is its feel and grip you get while holding it.

i have both the logitech dual action. a very good handset. it is very precise and feels as good as any dedicated ps3 type pad.
i also have the wired 360 pad and to be honest there is little or no difference in performance...
the 1 big issue that does separate them though is game compatibility... the 360 pad works on most games and all GFWL titles. but the logitech has compatibility issues. especially with GFWL titles... often the up down is reversed and you have to then patch the game controler...

so for this reason alone i recommend the 360 wired pad...
if it wasnt for the game compatibility i would have said get the cheaper 1 as there both equally as good as the other.