Digital Line Detect

I keep getting an error box popping up that reads: "Digital Line
Detected(PBX). Please verify that the phone line from your computer is
directly connected to a standard analog modem or fax line".

I switched from a desktop to a laptop and re-connected the same cords. I
never had the error before. Any help???

Thanks,

LogBoy
2 answers Last reply
More about digital line detect

    Haven't given us much to go on.....home or office? Dial-up or broadband?
    Help people to help you.

    A PBX is generally associated with a phone system that can switch between
    multiple lines--to do this, they convert your voice from an analog to
    digital signal...a modem does the same thing, but a modem on a digital
    system will not work since the PBX is trying to convert an already digital
    signal from analog...the whole system just falters.

    "LogBoy" <LogBoy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I keep getting an error box popping up that reads: "Digital Line
    > Detected(PBX). Please verify that the phone line from your computer is
    > directly connected to a standard analog modem or fax line".
    >
    > I switched from a desktop to a laptop and re-connected the same cords. I
    > never had the error before. Any help???
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > LogBoy

    > LogBoywrote:
    I keep getting an error box popping up that reads: "Digital Line
    > Detected(PBX). Please verify that the phone line from your computer
    is
    > directly connected to a standard analog modem or fax line".
    >
    > I switched from a desktop to a laptop and re-connected the same
    cords. I
    > never had the error before. Any help???
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > LogBoy

    I just saw this problem today on a Dell D600 laptop. The user said he
    had never seen it in the past. Running Windows 2000, after the system
    finished booting, the error you just quoted pops up on the screen.
    Only thing is we were not connected to anything. Not connected to a
    network and NO line plugged into the modem. Tested the modem and it
    worked fine. So you just go into the add/remove programs of the
    control panel and UNinstall the little detector application. Can't
    remember the name. Something like PBX Detect?, or digital detect?
    Anyway that is what Dell Corp Gold Support told us to do.

Microsoft Windows XP