Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

need more reference documentation about xp

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
December 20, 2004 2:55:04 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

i am finding that good sources of hows and whys to xp home edition sp2, are
far and few between. all retail sources cater to the computer illiterate
users with litature that may suit a child, or the bok/magizine/cd-rom are to
complicated in it's wording and you spend too much just trying to figure out
what the author is saying let a lone apply it.can anyone please let the
secret out . a decent web site , documentation available online, or a link to
a user group sharing help files would be all us xp challenged users who don't
have the time for endless search engine results that most of don't have the
right knowledge base or are inacurate . any thing at all would be great.
exspecially info on how to enable computers to work together in a way similar
to the of super computers and a endless supply of processor data , technical
details ,and possible future processor would be great. hope everyone has a
safe holiday season
--
thanks and may all our questios be answered
Anonymous
December 21, 2004 12:48:06 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

"adam" <frustration@windows.sp> wrote:

>i am finding that good sources of hows and whys to xp home edition sp2, are
>far and few between. all retail sources cater to the computer illiterate
>users with litature that may suit a child, or the bok/magizine/cd-rom are to
>complicated in it's wording and you spend too much just trying to figure out
>what the author is saying let a lone apply it.can anyone please let the
>secret out . a decent web site , documentation available online, or a link to
>a user group sharing help files would be all us xp challenged users who don't
>have the time for endless search engine results that most of don't have the
>right knowledge base or are inacurate . any thing at all would be great.
>exspecially info on how to enable computers to work together in a way similar
>to the of super computers and a endless supply of processor data , technical
>details ,and possible future processor would be great. hope everyone has a
>safe holiday season

If your reading comprehension skills are comparable to your writing
skills then you may have some difficulty with more advanced technical
literature. :-)

The Windows XP Resource Kit is available online at:
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/Window...

There is no separate resource kit for XP Home. The information in the
Professional Resource Kit also applies to XP Home except, of course,
for those sections that deal with features or components which are
unique to XP Pro.

Good luck


Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--
Microsoft MVP
On-Line Help Computer Service
http://onlinehelp.bc.ca

"The reason computer chips are so small is computers don't eat much."
December 23, 2004 8:51:01 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

Common Ron, just because my typing skills are weak, I was hurried and did not
take the time to use the spell and grammar check, as most of you use and I
do not need to, does not mean I have poor writing and/or reading skills. You
might think the previous sentence is incorrect, but it is not. As I have just
recently completed English 12 upgrading, well a couple of years ago anyways,
with A's for my essays, my writing skills do not lack of any significence.
Thanks for the link and what not . Hope you have a safe holiday season

"Ron Martell" wrote:

> "adam" <frustration@windows.sp> wrote:
>
> >i am finding that good sources of hows and whys to xp home edition sp2, are
> >far and few between. all retail sources cater to the computer illiterate
> >users with litature that may suit a child, or the bok/magizine/cd-rom are to
> >complicated in it's wording and you spend too much just trying to figure out
> >what the author is saying let a lone apply it.can anyone please let the
> >secret out . a decent web site , documentation available online, or a link to
> >a user group sharing help files would be all us xp challenged users who don't
> >have the time for endless search engine results that most of don't have the
> >right knowledge base or are inacurate . any thing at all would be great.
> >exspecially info on how to enable computers to work together in a way similar
> >to the of super computers and a endless supply of processor data , technical
> >details ,and possible future processor would be great. hope everyone has a
> >safe holiday season
>
> If your reading comprehension skills are comparable to your writing
> skills then you may have some difficulty with more advanced technical
> literature. :-)
>
> The Windows XP Resource Kit is available online at:
> http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/Window...
>
> There is no separate resource kit for XP Home. The information in the
> Professional Resource Kit also applies to XP Home except, of course,
> for those sections that deal with features or components which are
> unique to XP Pro.
>
> Good luck
>
>
> Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
> --
> Microsoft MVP
> On-Line Help Computer Service
> http://onlinehelp.bc.ca
>
> "The reason computer chips are so small is computers don't eat much."
>
Related resources
Anonymous
December 27, 2004 11:11:23 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

"adam" <frustration@windows.sp> wrote:

>Common Ron, just because my typing skills are weak, I was hurried and did not
> take the time to use the spell and grammar check, as most of you use and I
>do not need to, does not mean I have poor writing and/or reading skills. You
>might think the previous sentence is incorrect, but it is not. As I have just
>recently completed English 12 upgrading, well a couple of years ago anyways,
>with A's for my essays, my writing skills do not lack of any significence.
>Thanks for the link and what not . Hope you have a safe holiday season
>

I use spell check about once a month, whether I need to or not. And
my newsreader program (Forte Agent 2.0) does not include a grammar
check.

Apologies if my earlier comments were out of line, but an annoyingly
high percentage of newsgroup postings are written as your original one
was and they can be quite difficult to comprehend.

And holiday best wishes to you as well.


Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--
Microsoft MVP
On-Line Help Computer Service
http://onlinehelp.bc.ca

"The reason computer chips are so small is computers don't eat much."
December 28, 2004 7:35:02 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

I agree, abousltely, people should try to proof read their text, at least
once anyways, if it is of any significant detail. I don't mind the remarks
because the question was poorly written. And hey, if it gets me to take a bit
more pride in what I send to others then they at least accomplished something
good. Keep It Safe.

"Ron Martell" wrote:

> "adam" <frustration@windows.sp> wrote:
>
> >Common Ron, just because my typing skills are weak, I was hurried and did not
> > take the time to use the spell and grammar check, as most of you use and I
> >do not need to, does not mean I have poor writing and/or reading skills. You
> >might think the previous sentence is incorrect, but it is not. As I have just
> >recently completed English 12 upgrading, well a couple of years ago anyways,
> >with A's for my essays, my writing skills do not lack of any significence.
> >Thanks for the link and what not . Hope you have a safe holiday season
> >
>
> I use spell check about once a month, whether I need to or not. And
> my newsreader program (Forte Agent 2.0) does not include a grammar
> check.
>
> Apologies if my earlier comments were out of line, but an annoyingly
> high percentage of newsgroup postings are written as your original one
> was and they can be quite difficult to comprehend.
>
> And holiday best wishes to you as well.
>
>
> Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
> --
> Microsoft MVP
> On-Line Help Computer Service
> http://onlinehelp.bc.ca
>
> "The reason computer chips are so small is computers don't eat much."
>
!