CPU running at 50 %

Hi
My problem is that my Laptop's pcu is constantly running at 50%. I have
narrowed it down to a file called tcpsvcs.exe the files is in the folder
c:\windows\system32. hovering the mouse over the Icon reveals a box that
says it is to do with the TCP/IP System Application. I therefore think that
is a file needed for the internet protocol and don't want to delete it. how
can I sort out the problem.

Try opening control-panel,administration,then open event viewer,click on
an event/warning for tcp/ip then click on the url in it,this opens
help/support
in xp usually with a fix or answer to it.