tele64
3 answers Last reply
More about fairly cdrw drive recognized

    On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 21:55:01 -0400, "tele64" <tele64@bellsouth.net>
    wrote:

    >Help HH.... CDRW drive NOW (all of a sudden) not recognized by
    >XP....suggestions???

    Did it work OK before?

    #1: check for loose power cable and IDE cable

    #2: bad driver? Check the hardware profile (Start => Settings =>
    Control Panel => Systems, click on Hardware tab anbd then click on
    Device Manager button. Do you see a yellow mark next to the CDRW?

    #3: software conflict maybe? Did you install something just before
    the CDRW quit working?

    #4: the drive's a lemon. Get it exchanged.
    --
    To reply, replace digi.mon with tds.net

    Look in Device Manager. Is it there, but with an exclamation mark indicating
    trouble? If so, try uninstalling it, then reboot. XP should redetect it. If
    not, try the Add New Hardware wizard in Control Panel.
    HH

    "tele64" <tele64@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
    > Help HH.... CDRW drive NOW (all of a sudden) not recognized by
    > XP....suggestions???
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    >
    > tele64

    Thanks HH....prob was a loose cable...

    Have there been probs w/ this newsgroup? I've bee unable to communicate
    for several days now....

    tele64

    "HH" <hahunt42@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Look in Device Manager. Is it there, but with an exclamation mark
    indicating
    > trouble? If so, try uninstalling it, then reboot. XP should redetect it.
    If
    > not, try the Add New Hardware wizard in Control Panel.
    > HH
    >
    > "tele64" <tele64@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
    > > Help HH.... CDRW drive NOW (all of a sudden) not recognized by
    > > XP....suggestions???
    > >
    > > Thanks in advance,
    > >
    > > tele64

Compaq Windows XP Computers