Campaign wise battlefield 3 or modernwarfare 3?

briovaz

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2010
I was wondering what game would be better campaignwise. bf3 or mw3. i dont play games online. im just considering the singleplayer mode. thankyou.

tjosborne

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2011
if your comsidering single player why not get skyrim so you get your moneys worth or something like that. maybe saints row 3. bf3 and mw3 are all about multiplayer. a 4 hr campaign isnt worth $60 but the 50-100 hr mp is

namelessonez

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2009
To simply answer your question: Having played both, I prefer the campaign of Modern Warfare 3. I did however, love one mission in BF3 where you get to fly a jet and perform air combat! That was truly awesome! But overall, MW3.

I'll second that. MW3 SP is longer than BF3 and seems to actually round up the plot from all 3 mw games. But as said above, FPS single player is typically very linear and has low re-playability value. If you prefer single player get something with more RPG elements in the game. Those typically add some replay value

Alex The PC Gamer

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2007

Loved the jet mission in BF3 also! But as for the entire campaign, it was pretty dull. That said, I wouldn't buy either of these games solely for the single player element.

Alex The PC Gamer

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2007
Not to start a flame war...but I found Deux Ex HR to be horrible. I didn't even finish the game (weak gameplay mechanics). I'd put it in the same category with Rage; both very dissapointing titles. That's just my opinion, though and who knows, maybe other people enjoyed 'em...I definitely didn't.

waspzz

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2010

Right! If you dont like games like Deus Ex and you like cinematic and epic firefights, just play MW3. BF3s campaign is short and the ending is kinda disappointing. :??: