KT7A-RAID woes

G

Does anyone else have this and/or know how to fix it? I put together a system using a KT7A-RAID with a 1333 mhz Athalon and 256 mb of ram. Well, with the original BIOS, the system only supports up to 1200 mhz, so I would have to set up the chips settings manualy. When I did, the system wouldnt start, so I set the chip to run at 100mhz with a 10x multiplyer (1000mhz at the least conflictive setting). This seemed to work pretty well, untill I got the latest BIOS update from ABit. The update was supposed to add support for faster chips, so I flashed, and set it to 1333. What a mess. No program I ran would go for very long without crashing with illegal ops or unknown errors. Throw in the ocasional blue screen, and you get the idea. So, I set the chip back to 1000mhz, figuring it might help the stability again. It has made a difference, as most programs can go without crashing for at least 5 whole minutes now, but overall, stability is a huge problem. IE crashed about 8 times in the proccess of me trying to post this. Anyone have any suggestions?

Make PC Go Now!
Dang

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
It's probably your RAM. Are you sure you are using PC133? The RAM might be bad. I'd get a new stick of RAM and try it out.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor