  • Windows XP
  • HP Printers
a b α HP
December 21, 2004 6:15:02 PM

My HP printer worked fine under 98. Every week or so, the HP (HP 612c) icon
disappears and I cannot print anything. Clicking on the "Add a printer"
displays the message, "Operation cannot be completed." I must then reinstall
XP. Anyone experience this problem.. and what is the solution.

Thanks, RT

taylorwkrs@olp.net

More about : pro printer problem

Anonymous
a b α HP
December 21, 2004 10:37:06 PM

Have you installed a Windows XP-compatible driver for your printer?

Ted Zieglar

"taylorwkrs" <taylorwkrs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My HP printer worked fine under 98. Every week or so, the HP (HP 612c)
> icon
> disappears and I cannot print anything. Clicking on the "Add a printer"
> displays the message, "Operation cannot be completed." I must then
> reinstall
> XP. Anyone experience this problem.. and what is the solution.
>
> Thanks, RT
>
> taylorwkrs@olp.net
Anonymous
a b α HP
December 22, 2004 1:22:25 AM

Your Print Spooler is stalling:
http://www.coribright.com/windows/Article%20Three.htm
www.coribright.com

"taylorwkrs" <taylorwkrs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My HP printer worked fine under 98. Every week or so, the HP (HP 612c)
> icon
> disappears and I cannot print anything. Clicking on the "Add a printer"
> displays the message, "Operation cannot be completed." I must then
> reinstall
> XP. Anyone experience this problem.. and what is the solution.
>
> Thanks, RT
>
> taylorwkrs@olp.net

February 4, 2009 8:15:06 AM

:sol:  :bounce:  :ouch:  :lol:

Are u using any Antivirus in your pc.this problem may be due to virus infection.