XP Pro and HP printer problem.

My HP printer worked fine under 98. Every week or so, the HP (HP 612c) icon
disappears and I cannot print anything. Clicking on the "Add a printer"
displays the message, "Operation cannot be completed." I must then reinstall
XP. Anyone experience this problem.. and what is the solution.

Thanks, RT

taylorwkrs@olp.net
3 answers Last reply
More about printer problem

    Have you installed a Windows XP-compatible driver for your printer?

    Ted Zieglar

    "taylorwkrs" <taylorwkrs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > My HP printer worked fine under 98. Every week or so, the HP (HP 612c)
    > icon
    > disappears and I cannot print anything. Clicking on the "Add a printer"
    > displays the message, "Operation cannot be completed." I must then
    > reinstall
    > XP. Anyone experience this problem.. and what is the solution.
    >
    > Thanks, RT
    >
    > taylorwkrs@olp.net

    Your Print Spooler is stalling:
    http://www.coribright.com/windows/Article%20Three.htm
    www.coribright.com

    "taylorwkrs" <taylorwkrs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > My HP printer worked fine under 98. Every week or so, the HP (HP 612c)
    > icon
    > disappears and I cannot print anything. Clicking on the "Add a printer"
    > displays the message, "Operation cannot be completed." I must then
    > reinstall
    > XP. Anyone experience this problem.. and what is the solution.
    >
    > Thanks, RT
    >
    > taylorwkrs@olp.net

  3. :sol: :bounce: :ouch: :lol:

    Are u using any Antivirus in your pc.this problem may be due to virus infection.

Hewlett Packard Windows XP HP Printers