Windows 7 corrupt registry

Status
Not open for further replies.

JumpyBanana

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2010
I think i found a problem with windows 7 and i really need to fix it. I have reinstalled windows 7 about 8 or more times due to this problem. After I install windows, everything works fine until a certain windows update. I think this update had to do something with internet explorer or something. I got home today and started my computer, it got passed the starting windows screen and into the configuring updates part. When it restarted, windows 7 would not start up. I tried CHKDSK, start up repair, nothing. The startup repair said it was a corrupt registry. Does anyone know how to fix this? I was considering contacting microsoft because of this issue :/

Jonmor68

Distinguished
"everything works fine until a certain windows update" Why not share which?
"I was considering contacting microsoft because of this issue" By all means do.
Do you have a legit copy of W7? was it preinstalled or did you upgrade? how long has it worked for before this problem occured, or has it been like this from the beginning?

JumpyBanana

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2010
I don't know the exact name but i know it said Internet Explorer somewhere in its name, it's like a security update for IE or something. I have a legit copy of W7. It came with it when i bought a new computer. This problem has been occurring ever since i bought it.

Jonmor68

Distinguished
Try booting into safe mode and restore the system to a time prior to this update.
Change your update options to download and notify but do not install and let me choose.
View the info for the updates and watch for the one that creates the problem and choose not to install it.

JumpyBanana

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2010
it won't ever allow me to boot into safe mode and apparently my system isnt protected so i can't restore. I'ma just not download any updates except the ones that i dont think will affect me hugely.

steffytailor

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2011

I afraid, may be registry files of your system have been corrupted and need to be repaired. And this may be the main cause, why you are not able to fix your Windows 7 problems. So, I will suggest you to use CCleaner software, as it may help you in solving your problems in Windows 7. Gud Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.