Computer Hangs while displaying LOADING XP Pro

I was working on my machine yesterday and it froze so I rebooted, (am
running XP PRO Sp2), now when I tried to reboot, it would pass the bios test
and then start to load windows and then just freezes there. So I tried

I have tried a repair installation with the same result, can anyone tell me
whether this problem is hardware or software related as I haven't installed
anything in regard to Hardware, prior to this the system was working just
fine, no hangs no nothing, and out of the blue this...

Any help will be appreciated,
thanks
zofo

You say it loads the drivers and then freezes...I assume that you mean you
see the drivers loading up (the various .sys files), and then what do you
see?

Blank screen, or the last driver?

This sounds like a faulty driver to me...what is the last driver that shows
on boot?